Air fry French bread pizza allows you to prepare a satisfying family favorite without the tedious rolling of any dough. It’s an excellent easy-to-fix dish for a Weeknight dinner after a long day. With a loaf of bread and a handful of your preferred toppings, you’ll have a meal for the whole family in less than half an hour.
And interestingly, Air fry French bread pizza yields an irresistible crispy crust that everyone desires.
Air Fry French Bread Pizza
- Air fryer
- Air fryer rack (optional)
- 1 Loaf of French bread
- ½ Cups Pizza or tomato sauce
- 40 grams Shredded cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Slice the French bread loaf to match the length of your fryer, then cut lengthwise into halves.
- Once the air fryer is heated, spray the bread lightly with oil and fry in the air fryer for 2 minutes with the bottom facing up. This ensures extra crispiness on the crust, so the sauce does not soak into it and result in a soggy pizza. Ensure to fry the bread in a single layer and cook in batches if preparing several pieces.
- Carefully flip the French bread, ready to add the toppings. Evenly spread the sauce and toppings to your liking. Since some toppings can be blown around depending on the strength of the air fryer fan, place an air fryer rack on the toppings to keep them in place as they cook.
- Fry for 3-5 minutes or until everything is heated and the cheese is melted. Fry for 3 minutes for lightly crispy results and up to 5 minutes for a crispier top. You can peep in and cook until you get desired results.
- If you do not have an air fryer rack, you can assemble pizza minus any ingredients that can be flown around, like the pepperoni. Cook for 4 minutes, switch off the air fryer, add in the ingredients and close the air fryer for 1-2 minutes or until the ingredients melt into the cheese.
- Carefully remove your fried French bread pizza, allow it to cool for a few minutes, and serve warm to your liking.
Tips and Tricks for Air Fry French Bread Pizza
- Loading your loaves with huge toppings will require a few more minutes. So, be sure to check if it’s cooked before removing it from the air fryer
- While you can substitute bread with any other sturdy crust, avoid anything softer, as it will lead to a soggy pizza. Likewise, don’t spread excess sauce on the bread to avoid getting soggy.
- Prepare all you’ll need ahead of time, especially if you’re going to cook several batches.
- Note that different models of air fryers cook differently, and some may take more minutes than others. To avoid being caught off guard, monitor the cooking until you achieve your preferred texture.
- Make sure to always fry bread on its own first for better crispiness and to hinder it from absorbing the sauce
- If the bread is wobbling, place it on the side of the air fryer so the cheese won’t slide off. You can also support it by placing a toothpick below it.
Optional Toppings for Air Frying French Bread Pizza
- Pesto sauce
- BBQ sauce
- White (Alfredo) sauce
How to reheat leftover French bread pizza in the air fryer
To reheat leftover French bread pizza in the air fryer, preheat it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, place your pieces of leftover bread pizza in the gadget and fry for 3-5 minutes or until they are fully warmed. Serve and enjoy. If the leftover pieces are frozen, cook for an extra 2-3 minutes longer.
- Calories: 343 Kcal
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Protein: 15g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fats: 1g
- Monounsaturated fats: 2g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 1009mg
- Potassium: 313mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 7g
- Vitamin A: 391 IU
- Vitamin C: 4mg
- Calcium: 155mg
- Iron: 5mg
Preparing air fry French bread pizza might be the simplest recipe you’ve come across. You perhaps are familiar with its premade frozen version sold in the grocery store. And though these taste as good while made in the air fryer, they are incomparable to this homemade version. Best of all, it doesn’t require much of your time.