Did you know you can prepare mouthwatering Air Fryer Hash brown patties in minutes? This three-ingredient delicacy comes together in less than 20 minutes and is a perfect accompaniment for your breakfast, lunch, or even your dinner. If you like potatoes and crispy treats, this is a great choice for you. With this recipe, you have an oil-free option so you don’t have to worry about consuming unnecessary calories. You might want to make these hash browns every single day.
Air Fryer Hash Brown Patties
- Air fryer
- All-purpose flour to help the outcome retain its form throughout the process.
- Potatoes that suit your starch level preference.
- Medium egg.
- Onion powder (optional).
- Salt and oil, or even better no oil at all.
- For extra seasoning, you can have spices of your choice, like I would use chili flakes, dried oregano, or rosemary.
- Using a box shredder, shred your potatoes into a bowl or chopping surface.
- Place the potato shreds in cold water and cover, leave it to sit for at least 15 minutes. The process helps in eliminating excess starch and enhances the crispy nature of the hash browns so you definitely don’t want to miss this step.
- Dry your potato shreds and place them in a mixing bowl, ensure to squeeze out all the moisture content on the shreds.
- Add the other ingredients over the potato shreds.
- Mix the ingredients uniformly.
- Form the patties and make sure that the patties are flat, the magic behind flat patties is in the outcome of cooking uniformly and it’s going to be insanely crispy.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 360 degrees/180 degrees.
- Organize the flat patties in the Air Fryer basket and ensure that there is a considerable amount of space between them, there should be NO overlapping of the patties at all.
- Air fry the patties at 380 degrees/190degrees for at least ten minutes.
- Flip the hash brown patties.
- Continue air frying the flipped patties at 380 /190 for five more minutes until it attains its crispy nature.
- Sprinkle salt and seasoning of your choice.
- Serve while hot, let it not cool for it loses the crispiness and taste when it sits for a while.
- Air Fryer timing
- The recipe can do absolutely well without a drop of oil.
- If you are going slow on starch you can also do away with extra ingredients like the all-purpose flour
- Keep in mind that, a preheated air fryer reduces the length of time that your hash browns will cook, be on the lookout not to overcook your hash browns.
- Ensure to use a silicon Spatula all the time you are flipping the hash browns to avoid scratching the non-stick fryer basket.
- You can always store any leftovers in airtight containers for a period not exceeding 3 days. Heat the frozen hash browns for 2-4 minutes for taste and crispy nature
In conclusion, air fryer hash brown patties are a quick and easy breakfast option that can be made with minimal effort and cleanup. They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, making them a perfect accompaniment to eggs, bacon, and other breakfast favorites. With a few simple ingredients and a preheated air fryer, you can have a delicious and satisfying breakfast in just a few minutes.