Air fryer shake and bake pork chops is a go-to recipe that is simple to prepare with just a few ingredients but brings out a ton of flavor. With only the pork chops, shake and bake breading and olive oil, you’ll have this delicious food ready from your air fryer within minutes.
Shake and bake is a pre-made breadcrumbs mix used to coat the pork chops for a juicy and crispy exterior. All you need to do is to coat the pork chops with the breading, spray with little olive oil and cook in the air fryer for 15 minutes.
Air Fryer Shake and Bake Pork Chops
Ingredients for air fryer shake and bake pork chops
Four pork chops that are 1 inch thick: you can choose boneless or bone-in ones. Bone-in pork chops are more juicy than boneless, but boneless chops are easier to work with. Both are delicious.
One cup shake and bake pork: this breading is a combination of breadcrumbs mixed with seasonings such as garlic, black pepper, and more, depending on the brand. You can purchase or prepare your own.
1 tbsp. Olive oil: the oil adds flavor to the pork and also enhances its flavor.
Ingredients substitute: you can substitute pork chops with a pork loin instead. A pork loin is usually oval-shaped. Simply buy 2 pounds of boneless pork loin, place it on a cutting board, and slice one-inch slices.
You can also substitute the oil with mayo if you prefer a thicker coating.
- Different breading for a crispier exterior: Other than shake and breading seasonings, use Italian breadcrumbs, ground pork rinds, or panko breadcrumbs for a crispier exterior. Moreover, you can use plain bread crumbs or a nut mixture.
Recipe for Air Fryer Shake and Bake Pork Chops
Course: main course/side dish
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Wait time: 25 minutes
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 °F
- Pat dry your pork chops with paper towels and spray or apply olive oil
- Coat the pork chops with the breadcrumbs one at a time. You can do this by adding a cup of the breading in a plastic bag, adding a piece of the meat, and shake to coat thoroughly.
- Place the coated pork chops in the air fryer and fry for 15 minutes. Flip sides halfway at around 6-8 minutes. The meat should be cooked once it attains an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer the cooked pork chops onto a plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil to allow the juices to settle for about 5 minutes. Serve as desired.
Serving suggestions: Pork chops are a perfect summer meal with potato salad. Serve the pork chops with a crisp salad alongside a slice or two of garlic cheese. Additionally, you can serve it with bread, butternut squash, potato wedges, caramelized Brussels sprouts, green beans, or mushroom rice.
Storing leftover pork chops
Store the leftover pork chops in an airtight container after they are fully cold. Refrigerate for up to 4 days. Store in the same way for freezing and keep frozen for up to 3 months. Once you’re ready to eat, thaw overnight and heat in an air fryer or oven for 10 minutes
Tips and tricks for Air Fryer Shake and Bake Pork Chops
- Avoid being tempted to shake several pork chops at once to ensure that each is evenly coated with the breading. In case to do not have a plastic bag, use a clean plastic container with a lid. Put the breading in it, add in the chops one at a time, cover with the lid and shake to coat.
- Ensure to pat dry the pork chops to get rid of excess moisture. Removing the moisture allows the oil to stick easily on the meat while ensuring more shake and bake seasonings coat the pork chops.
- Always allow the pork chops to rest in aluminum foil for 5 minutes before slicing/serving to give it time to re-absorb the juices
- Remember to flip the pork halfway through for even cooking.
- Note that how long it takes to cook the pork chops may differ with different thicknesses. To be precise, the cooked meat should attain 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Boneless pork chops also require a shorter time than bone-in ones.
- If you are brave enough to try a more complex pork recipe in the air fryer, try out the Crispy Pata in the air fryer recipe
Total fat: 11g
Saturated fat: 4g
Trans fat: 0g
Unsaturated fat: 6g
These delicious air-fried pork chops are a breeze to prepare. Just prepare the chops, coat, and pop into the air fryer for a meal that entices everyone. Enjoy an extremely crispy crust and juicy interior that will make you love this recipe.