Alexia sweet potato fries are best served hot, crispy on the outside but soft on the inside. These textures ensure that the soft interior is perfectly cooked without being mushy and contrasts with the crispy exterior. If you find it hard to achieve this, Alexia sweet potato fries air fryer recipe may be the answer for you.
Alexia sweet potato sticks are coated with sunflower or canola oil, making them healthier than deep-fried options. Also, to preserve their shape, use rice, flour, corn starch, tapioca starch, dextrin, and xanthan gum. Together, these also promote a fluffy and soft interior texture.
How to Cook Alexia Sweet Potato Fries in Air Fryer
Alexia Sweet Potato Fries Air Fryer Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Wait time: 20 minutes
An air fryer is one of the easiest and efficient kitchen appliances you can use to get your flies ready. And with zero or little amount of oil required means a more healthy grab and easier cleanup. If you don’t know how to get it done, here is a recipe to guide you.
What you need
An air fryer.
A half pack of alexia sweet potato fries.
1. Preheat air fryer to 400°F
2. Remove the sweet potatoes from the pack and arrange them in a single layer on the air fryer basket.
3. Spray them lightly with the cooking spray and cook at 400°F for 15 minutes. Flip over the fries halfway during cooking time. You can add your preferred seasonings at this point.
4. Once they are golden brown and crispy, pull them out and serve as desired.
Alexia sweet potato fries air fryer recipe Tips
Alexia sweet potato fries air fryer recipe may seem easy, and it is. But there exist a few pointers to keep in mind whenever you cook fries in the air fryer. Here are some tips for using an air fryer:
- Ensure to preheat your air fryer always before putting in the sweet potatoes.
- Avoid using aerosolized cooking sprays since they can ruin the finish of your air fryer
- It’s not advisable to overcrowd the air fryer; filling the basket halfway is enough to ensure even cooking. This also gives your air fryer space to pull in enough air while it’s in use.
- In case you experience fat or grease, add a tablespoon of water to the bottom of the fryer before you start cooking to help keep overheating and smoking at bay.
- To make cleaning and serving easier, line the bottom of your fryer with parchment paper.
- Ensure to wipe clean your air fryer after every use.
How do I make Alexia sweet potato fries crispier?
For a crispy texture, just cook alexia sweet potatoes until they have a golden brown exterior. However, if you find that Alexia sweet potato fries aren’t turning out crispy enough, try sprinkling some flour to the surface before frying. It will allow the fries to caramelize and become more crisp and delicious.
Are Alexia sweet potato fries healthy?
Yes, Alexia’s sweet potato chips are very much healthy. They are light on salt and completely free of GMOs and Trans fats. However, they tend to be quite heavy calories making it necessary to be cautious about your portion size.
Nevertheless, unless you deep fry them first, it is considered healthier than most fast foods since they are cooked with less oil.
Are Alexia Sweet Potato Fries Gluten-Free?
According to Alexia’s website, all their potato foods are gluten-free, apart from their potato bites. If you’re sensitive or allergic to gluten, always ensure to check for gluten-free accreditation on the package to ascertain if the products are prepared in a gluten-free facility.
Unless the ingredients include gluten, Alexia states that their products are gluten-free. Moreover, their packaging does not have third-party certification.
Alexia sweet potato fries Nutritional facts
Serving sizes: 12 pieces
Calories: 140 kcal
Total Fat: 5 grams
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 gram
Monounsaturated Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 140 milligrams
Total Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Dietary Fiber: 3 grams
Sugars: 6 grams
Protein: 1 gram
Sodium: 140 milligrams
Potassium: 140 milligrams
Carbohydrate: 24 g Protein: 1 g
Vitamin A: 60%
Vitamin C: 6%
Alexia sweet potato fries air fryer recipe is a simple but tasty sweet potato fries recipe that you can make with ease. The preparation process is super quick, and once done, the results are excellent.
You’ll love how fluffy and soft they are, plus their crispiness is something you’ll fall in love with.
CHECK ALSO: Grandma Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie Recipe.