Authentic Mexican Ground Beef Tacos are delicious and so easy to make. They are packed with well-seasoned ground beef wrapped in soft flour tortillas with cheese, tomatoes and onions toppings. It is then garnished with sour cream, fresh cilantro and freshly squeezed lemon juice to balance the flavors.
This classy traditional Mexican dish is so hard not to love. It’s savory, creamy, spicy and fresh. Mexican ground beef tacos can be served for family dinners and gatherings alike. And the best thing is you can customize the toppings to your desire, whether for adults or children.
Why choose Authentic Mexican Ground Beef Tacos
- Mexican ground beef tacos are irresistible and easy to love: These tacos are a complete balanced meal that is delicious and filling. With beef, tomatoes, onions and cheese on a soft tortilla, this meal makes it so hard for anyone not to love.
- The tacos comprise most people’s favorite spices: these ground beef tacos are prepared with spices like paprika, chili powder, garlic, oregano and cumin. All these spices give the tacos a savory and spicy flavor that entices many.
- You enjoy fresh garnishes and ingredients: Mexican ground beef tacos consist of fresh ingredients and garnishes like fresh cilantro, tomatoes, onions, lime juice, sour cream, shredded cheese, salsa and avocado.
- Tacos are ideal for gatherings: You can prepare a buffet during gatherings, and family dinners and everyone can top their tacos just the way they love.
- You can customize your tacos: You can blend the ingredients you prefer for your tacos. For instance, some people add other ingredients such as refried beans, carne asada, Mexican rice, cotija cheese and more. You can also prepare your tacos with thinly cut pork, chicken, barbacoa steak and more.
- You can serve it alongside many side dishes: Besides avocado and salsa, which are common toppings on tacos, you can also serve this meal along with some delicious Mexican foods like refried and pinto beans, cilantro, lettuce salad and Mexican rice.
Authentic Mexican Taco Recipe Ground Beef
- 1 pound highly lean ground beef
- Canola or olive oil
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- ¼ cup Water or beef broth (you can substitute with a little chicken broth)
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Chopped white or red onions (you can also use onion powder)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or use any other type of cheese that melts well like Mozzarella, cheddar and Monterey jack cheese.
- Taco seasoning 1tsp. ground cumin and chili powder and ½ tsp. of paprika, garlic powder, dried oregano and salt and ¼ tsp. of ground black pepper.
- Taco sizes flour or corn tortillas
- Chopped avocado
- Fresh lime wedges to squeeze out the lime juice
- Salsa (optional)
- Sour cream
- Heat the oil in a skillet over slightly high heat and add the ground beef once it’s hot enough, usually after 2 minutes. Stir the meat to cook evenly and turn brown. This takes about 5-8 minutes. When you notice the meat browning, use a potato masher or a wooden spoon to break the beef into smaller pieces.
- Once the ground beef browns fully, add the beef broth, cumin, oregano, tomato paste, garlic powder, chili powder, sea salt and black paper to the meat and stir to mix. Reduce the heat and leave the meat to simmer for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Stir occasionally to distribute the thick sauce, turn off the heat and set aside.
- Heat your tortillas one at a time on a hot ungreased skillet for 30 seconds on each side. Either way, you can heat the tortillas in the microwave or directly on a gas burner for a few seconds. Make sure the edges become a bit charred.
- Add about two to three tablespoons of the taco meat mixture for every tortilla, and top it off with onion, cilantro, cheese, and tomato. Garnish your tacos with your preferred ingredients, including the avocado, salsa, and sour cream. Squeeze lime juice over your tortillas and serve.
Pro Tips for Mexican Ground Beef TacosHow to store: The best ways to store tortillas is by storing each component on its own and assemble when you’re ready to serve. Simply store each component in airtight containers and refrigerate for up to four days How to freeze: You can freeze your ground beef taco fillings for up to three months. Simply allow it to cool once cooked, put it in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze. To eat the frozen tacos, put them in the refrigerator to thaw overnight, reheat and serve. How to reheat: Reheat the beef filling over low heat on the stove. Add a little water if the mixture turned too thick while in the refrigerator. Alternatively, you can reheat your beef filling in the microwave for 20 seconds or until warm. How to make dairy-free and gluten-free tortillas: To prepare gluten-free beef tortillas, simply substitute flour tortillas with corn tortillas. Similarly, serve your tortillas without cheese and sour cream to remove dairy. Everyone can enjoy Mexican ground beef tortillas irrespective of their nutritional preferences.
- Calories: 152kcal
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 280mg
- Potassium: 223mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Vitamin A: 363 IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
- Calcium: 17mg
- Iron: 2mg
Preparing authentic Mexican ground beef tacos is easy and fast. With the right ingredients and our easy-to-follow recipe, you can have this classy dish ready for yourself or your family in no time. The good thing is that it can be enjoyed and adults and children alike. And as if that is not enough, you can customize it with the ingredients of your choice.