There’s something about a warm, delicious chicken taco with the right seasoning, filling, and garnishing. Tacos are easy, convenient, and delicious, making them the best meals for any occasion. If you’re making homemade tacos, try using homemade seasoning instead of store-bought chicken seasoning. In this article, we will help you get the best seasoning for chicken tacos.
Best Seasoning for Chicken Tacos
Chicken Taco Seasoning with Dry Ingredients
The best homemade chicken seasoning combines spices and herbs that complement the chicken. In addition, you can make as much as you want to store for later use. Make sure you store the spice mix in an airtight container.
Generally, a teaspoon of each spice is adequate for one pound of chicken. Of course, you can adjust the measurements depending on the amount of chicken you’re cooking. Mix all the ingredients in one dry bowl and pour it into a jar for storage.
Alternatively, you can mix the dry seasoning ingredients every time you prepare the chicken.
Chicken Taco Seasoning with Dry and Wet Ingredients
- Coriander powder.
- Onion powder.
- Chilli powder.
- Cayenne pepper.
- Black pepper.
- Garlic powder.
- Place boneless chicken into a bowl and add garlic and ginger paste and dry chicken seasoning.
- Rub the spices into the chicken.
- Put the chicken in a ziplock bag and refrigerate for 24 hours before cooking.
Shredded Chicken Taco Recipe
- Put your chicken in a saucepan and add water until it covers the meat.
- Boil in medium heat for 10-15 minutes until the chicken isn’t pink.
- Remove the chicken from water and let it cool.
- Shred the chicken using two forks.
- Get another saucepan or skillet and heat over medium flame.
- Heat some vegetable oil in the pan and add minced onions. Cook the onions until they turn medium brown.
- Add the shredded chicken, dry spice mix, garlic to the pan and stir until the ingredients mix well.
- After a few minutes, add the tomato sauce and bring everything to a boil over low heat.
- Add the chicken to our tortillas and enjoy.
Cubed Chicken Taco Recipe
Cubed Chicken Taco Recipe
- Boneless chicken. For example 3 chicken breasts.
- Freshly made lime juice.
- Vegetable oil. For example, avocado oil.
- Dry spice mix.
- Cut the chicken breast into even cubes around 1/4” each.
- Put the chicken cubes in a bowl and add two tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Add the chicken seasoning and rub all over the chicken.
- Refrigerate the chicken for about 30 minutes.
- Take a non-stick pan and hit over a medium-heat flame.
- Add the chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side until the chicken isn’t pink and browns.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, drizzle the freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Stuff your tortillas with the cooked chicken and add your favorite toppings and sauces.
Seasoning Oven-baked Chicken Tacos
- Boneless chicken.
- Dry seasoning mix.
- Olive oil.
- Fresh lime juice.
- Mix the olive oil, dry seasoning, and salt to taste in a bowl.
- Rub the mixture generously over the boneless chicken and place in a sealable ziplock bag.
- Marinate the chicken overnight in the refrigerator. If you cannot marinate overnight, marinate for 6 hours before cooking.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, grease the baking sheet with olive oil.
- Place the chicken on your baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, please remove it from the oven and let it rest.
- Cut the chicken into cubes of shred.
- Stuff your tortillas with chicken and your favorite toppings and serve.
The best seasoning will consistently give you the best chicken tacos, whether through instant pot cooking, pan grilling, or oven-baking. Try a homemade chicken seasoning today.
CHECK ALSO: Seasoning for Fish Tacos.