Hamburger is one of the delicious dishes that you can enjoy for breakfast or whenever you want. It consists of cooked patty filling, and in most cases a ground beef. This dish is also considered a sandwich since it is placed in between a bun or a sliced bread roll. In this article, we will discuss in detail the best seasoning for hamburgers to give you insights that you can implement in your kitchen.
Sometimes hamburger is also called burger and there is no much difference that exists since both are stuffed with meat. The difference may be that burgers are stuffed with meat or vegetables and into a bun. It makes a delicious and enjoyable snack to enjoy with your family.
Best Seasoning for Hamburgers
Best Seasoning for Hamburgers
Seasoning hamburgers is an easy thing to do. You just need to master the steps and the ingredients and everything else will flow. You can also refer to this recipe to help you whenever you get stuck.
The ingredients that you need for seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Onion powder
- Mustard powder
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Paprika and smoked paprika
- 2 pounds of ground beef + BBQ sauce
Optional ingredients that you may use
- Brown sugar
- Cayenne pepper
- Dried basil
Step 1: Put all the ingredients in the right proportions in one bowl and mix them thoroughly. For the best results, use the following proportions for 2 pounds of ground beef:
- 1 tablespoon of salt (Kosher salt)
- ½ teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
You may want to adjust the proportions of the ingredients to suit your taste and preference or add more ingredients that perhaps we have not listed here. However, it is important to minimize the number of ingredient types that you can use for the best results.
Step 2: After placing all the ingredients in the bowl and mixing them thoroughly, use 1 to 2 teaspoons of the mixed ingredients on 1 pound of meat. This will depend on how much you would want your meet to taste. Also, add 1 teaspoon of the BBQ sauce to make it tasty.
Step 3: Stuff your bun or sliced bread and cook your way.
Hamburger Seasoning Tips for the Best Results
- Experiment with different ingredients – there are several ingredients that you may use to enhance the flavor and taste of your hamburger. This may depend on personal taste and preference.
- Keep it simple – do not use too many ingredients. Sometimes, the best seasoning is one that uses few ingredients. You may want to use more of the ingredients that will add the right flavor that you want, and minimize on other ingredients.
- Dry seasoning – it is good to use the dry seasoning on the outside of the hamburger than on the inside.
Video to help you achieve the best of your hamburger seasoning:
With this guide, you can experiment different combinations until you get one that matches your taste. There is no wrong or right when it comes to seasoning, perhaps just adding the right proportions of the ingredients that you want to use.