Crepes are delicious and super fancy breakfast treaties to make. While pancake mix does not have all the ingredients found in crepes mix, they make a very minor and unnoticeable difference. Crepe recipe with pancake mix is easy to follow and master; all you need is pancake mix, eggs, milk, and vanilla. The crepes will be ready within minutes and can be served sweet or with a savory to fit any craving.
Crepe Recipe with Pancake Mix
- 1 cup Pancake mix
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- Cooking oil
- 7 ml Vanilla
- Mix all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl, and whisk until all the lumps disappear.
- Place a non-stick pan on the stove and set the heat to medium-high. The size of the pan determines the size of the crepes.
- Ensure the pan is hot, spray with oil and add ¾ cup of batter at the center of the pan.
- As soon as you put your batter in the pan, quickly lift the pan and tilt it sideways to spread evenly.
- Continue cooking until you notice the edges peel off from the pan. Flip and cook the other side. It should take around 1minute to cook each crepe.
- Transfer the crepe to a clean platter or plate and repeat the procedure with the remaining batter.
- To avoid lumps, don’t add in all the milk at once. Start by using half of it, whisk first, and add the remaining milk and ingredients after the lumps disappear.
- For sticking, use a non-stick pan that has no scratches. Scratches tend to make it hard to flip the crepes
- Flip the crepes with a thin spatula. Your hands too are necessary for easy flipping. Only flip when the batter is finely set and without any liquid remains
- The right consistency of the batter should be thin and without lumps. To test this, dip a spoon in the batter, remove it, flip and touch with your finger. If the consistency is good, the finger trace should stand. Otherwise, if it closes, your batter is too runny; thicken it with more pancake mix.
- For tender crepes, let the batter rest for 30 minutes to allow the gluten to relax
- Spray the pan before adding each cup of batter. Alternatively, you can also brush it with batter.
- To keep the crepes warm, place them in a pre-heated oven until you serve.
- The first crepe doesn’t always look great, don’t give up.
- You can prepare the batter in advance. Mix it the previous night and store it in the fridge. Just ensure it adjusts to room temperature before cooking.
· 1 cup of pancake mix: Use any brand you prefer
· An egg: Helps crepes hold their shape without breaking
· 1 ½ cups of milk: Use either dairy or non-dairy. (Oat milk gives excellent results)
· Oil: It’s optional, but it enhances the texture and hinders crepes from sticking to the skillet
· 7mls (1 tsp.) vanilla: adds flavor and consistency
How to Prepare Pancake Mix at Home?
If you do not have pancake mix in your pantry, or you simply don’t like the store-bought version, this is all you need for homemade pancake mix;
· 4 cups all-purpose flour
· 3 tbsp. sugar
· 1 tsp. salt
· 2 tsp. baking soda
· 3 tbsp. baking powder
Combine all these ingredients, use them right away or store them in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
You can substitute all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour for a healthier option.
What to Serve with Crepes
Pancake mix crepes are versatile and can be served to serve any craving, whether savory or sweet. Use a sweet filling or a savory filling to meet your taste. Our serving suggestions depend on when you need to devour these delicious treaties, whether for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert.
1. For breakfast, we suggest a drizzle of maple syrup, chocolate sauce, or honey. You can also apply a generous spread of butter like nut butter, almond butter or peanut butter, Nutella, jam, fruit competes, fruit competes, etc.
Adding some fruit toppings like grapes and strawberries will make them delicious, nutritious, and more filling.
For a savory profile, you can go for scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, and cheese filling
2. For lunch or dinner, more wholesome fillings are a perfect option. These can be fillings such as creamy spinach, scrambled cottage cheese or tofu, herbed mushrooms, creamy potatoes, ricotta cheese, etc.
3. With dessert, we suggest a dollop of whipped cream and ice cream topping. Add in ideal fruits like berries, bananas, peaches, mangoes, apples, kiwi, etc.
You can also top it up with some chocolate chips or curls to add taste and better the appearance
Serving size: 2
· Calories: 140kcal
· Carbohydrates: 7 grams
· Protein: 4 grams
· Fat: 12 grams
· Saturated fat: 6 grams
· Polyunsaturated fat: 1 gram
· Monounsaturated fat: 4 grams
· Trans fat: 1 gram
· Cholesterol: 65 milligrams
· Sodium: 125 milligrams
· Potassium: 82 milligrams
· Fiber: 1 gram
· Sugar: 1 gram
· Vitamin A: 363 IU
· Vitamin C: 1 milligram
· Calcium: 78 milligrams
· Iron: 1 milligram
Crepe recipe with pancake is a perfect menu for any time and occasion. The good thing is that the ingredients are easy to get, and even for the pancake mix, you can prepare it at home without running to the store. Another advantage is that you can serve the crepes sweet or savory. This recipe is sure to give you crepes you’ll want every moment.
Read Also: King Arthur Pancake Recipe.