If you like American Cuisines, you will most likely fall in love with this recipe. This recipe helps create a dish that is everyone’s favorite. It is so quick, simple, and delicious. Funnel cake made with pancake mix does not require a whole day to prepare. Instead, you will just need about half an hour to have it ready. Keep reading this recipe to learn the requirements, cooking method, and much more.
Funnel Cake Made With Pancake Mix
Funnel Cake Made With Pancake Mix
- A few pieces of equipment will be used to make this delicious dish. You will need a funnel and a bottle for squeezing or even a piping bag. You will also need a thermometer, but it is not mandatory. If you already have these pieces of equipment in your kitchen, it is now time to learn about the ingredients of making Funnel Cake Made with Pancake Mix.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- 2 1/2 cups of pancake mix, especially.
- 1/4 cups of granulated sugar Krusteaz.
- 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- cooking oil.
- Use a large mixing bowl to combine the milk, eggs, and vanilla. Make sure you whisk them well to mix perfectly.
- Add the pancake mix, salt, and granulated sugar to the mixture you have just made. Stir to mix well. Make sure these ingredients have mixed thoroughly.
- Add some oil, approximately 1 ½, to a frying pan with a heavy bottom. You can still use a cast iron pan or a Dutch oven at this step.
- You should now heat the oil to about 375 degrees F. If you lack a thermometer, please drop a small amount or drop the batter into the heated oil and see if it bubbles and sizzles immediately.
- Add some of the batter (about ¼) into the squeezing bag/ funnel/ piping bag using your finger. Make sure you cover the opening of the funnel until you are set to drop it into the heated oil.
- Hold the funnel with the batter a few inches above the heated oil, remove the finger that was covering the batter, and swirl the batter perfectly into the heated oil. Make sure all the batter is dispensed from the funnel.
- It would help if you fried it until the bottom part of it changes to golden brown or for approximately 2 minutes.
- Use tongs to turn the batter to make sure the other part turns golden brown.
- Please remove it from the oil and put it on a plate. The plate should have paper towels to make sure the oil gets drained.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar, toppings, and serve.
- You may need some more oil after making the first funnel cakes. If you happen to add more oil, make sure you heat it to 375 degrees because this is the recommended temperature for frying the funnel cakes.
- You can still make the funnel cakes without a thermometer. You will find details on what you can do if you do not own a thermometer in your kitchen yet.
- You can make as many funnel cakes as you wish as long as you have enough ingredients. Make sure you adjust the quantities of the ingredients if you intend to make more funnel cakes for the whole family.
Carbs – 27g
Protein – 8g
Fiber – 1g
Sugar – 12g
Sodium – 517mg
Fat – 45g
Saturated fat – 6g
Cholesterol – 107mg
Vitamin C – 1mg
Iron – 1mg
Calcium – 195mg
This recipe is quite simple to follow. You can try to make your funnel cakes at home anytime you wish. With or without the thermometer, you can make the cakes with your kids.
However, make sure you teach the kids how to handle the heated oil to avoid burns. You can still keep making it for them until they grow up. If you seem to be forgetting some steps, you can come back here for inspiration.
READ ALSO: How to Cook Frozen Spring Rolls in an Air Fryer.