Beef short rib is a delicious and cheaper cut of beef that requires a bit of time to cook but produces exemplary delicious results. To prepare these juicy beef short ribs with Gordon Ramsay’s recipe, season the ribs and fry them perfectly. Prepare the garlic, wine, and tomato puree sauce; mix the two and transfer them into a roasting tray and roast. You’ll serve this with mushroom and bacon sauce.
Gordon Ramsay Short Rib Recipe
What are Beef Short Ribs?
Just as the name suggests, they are rib meats cut from the ribs area of beef cattle. The meat can also be cut from the chuck, brisket, or plate area. The thickness of the meat differs with the size of cattle, but it’s all a short piece of the rib covered with meat.
Beef short ribs are the same as beef back ribs, and the only difference is where they are cut from. The short back ribs are cut from the back of the cattle, while short ribs are cut from the lower part of a cattle’s rib cage. Another notable difference between the two is that meat is located all around the bone in the short ribs and between the bones in the back ribs.
All the same, beef short ribs are ideal for low heat and slow cooking methods as they have a lot of fat and connective tissue. Gordon Ramsay’s recipe has the simplest instructions and the yummiest results.
Substitute Pro Tip: If you do not have the short ribs close by, you can for Beef shank, beef back ribs, beef chuck roast, and beef plate short ribs
Ingredients for Gordon Ramsay Short Rib Recipe
· 1 ½ kilogram of short rib, i.e., 5 to 6 bones
· Salt and pepper for taste
· 3 tbsp. of olive oil
· 1 head of garlic cut half wise with skin on
· 1 tbsp. tomato paste (should be heaped)
· 750 millimeters of red wine
· 4 cups beef stock
· 250 grams of chestnut or portabella mushrooms cut into halves
· 400 grams of thick-cut bacon. (Should be sliced into lardons of ½ cm thickness)
· 5-7 tbsp. of fresh, roughly chopped Italian parsley
Gordon Ramsay Short Rib Preparation Steps
· Servings: 5
· Course: Main dish
· Cuisine: American
· Prep time: 20 minutes
· Cook time: 5 hours
· Wait time: 1 hr. 20 minutes
1. Preheat your oven to 170℃
2. Slice the beef short rib between the bones and season with pepper and salt. The cuts should give you around 5 to 6 pieces.
3. Heat a large metal roasting tray on a stove on high heat; add olive oil to the tray once it’s hot enough.
4. Place the short rib in the olive oil with the bone side up first to sear. Keep turning the beef continuously until all sides are nicely browned.
5. Add the cut garlic to the tray with the cut part facing side down and allow it to brown well.
6. Add the tomato paste to the beef and mix them well. Keep cooking until you notice the tomato paste begins to brown.
7. At this point, add the red wine to the tray, bring it to a boil and reduce the heat. Keep cooking until the volume of the wine reduces by half.
8. Add the beef stock. The meat should be half-inch into the liquids. Bring it to boil, remove it from the stove and proceed to the oven.
9. Cover the roasting tray with foil and transfer it into the preheated oven. Bake for about 2 ½ hours or until meat is soft and almost coming off the bone
10. On the side, prepare the garnishing ingredients about ten minutes before the short ribs are ready.
11. Heat a frying pan on medium heat on the stove and put in the bacon lardons. Fry until crispy, add the mushrooms, and continue frying for a few minutes. Set them aside.
12. Remove the beef from the oven and transfer the short rib pieces on a platter using tongs.
13. Sieve the liquid into a bowl while pushing even the soft garlic through the sieve. Season the sauce and carefully pour it into the short ribs.
14. Spoon the mushrooms and crispy bacon onto the beef and sprinkle with the roughly chopped Italian parsley to garnish
Gordon Ramsay’s short rib recipe is easy to follow but requires patience as it takes much time. All in all, the wait is worth it as you get a delicious taste from the well-cooked beef and the combination of beef lardons, mushrooms, and cheese. The dish is simply a combination of flavors that will blow your mind. Have fun preparing this dish in the comfort of your kitchen.
· Calories: 259 kcal
· Protein: 23 grams
· Fat: 9 grams
· Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9 grams
· Monounsaturated fat: 10 grams
· Trans fat: 1.5 grams
· Cholesterol: 8.5 milligrams
· Sodium: 60 milligrams
· Potassium: 200 milligrams
Also Read: Chicken Salad Chick Grape Salad Recipe.