Bobby Flay is a prominent name in the culinary world; having moved from a cook in restaurants across the U.S to becoming a television personality, he can now easily showcase his skill to the world. This Bobby Flay tuna recipe helps prevent anemia, improves heart health, promotes control over blood sugar, reduces the risk of Dementia, and promotes anti-aging properties.
To prepare this great and healthy treat, you will need to grill the tuna with ideal ingredients and serve it along with your favorite toppings. Let’s learn more below.
Grilled Tuna Steak Recipe Bobby Flay
Preparation of Bobby Flay’s Grilled Tuna Steak
Course: Main Dish
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Wait time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
· 1 tube red onion cut into ¼ piece rings
· 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
· ½ tsp. sugar
· 1 ½ tsp. of kosher salt
· 1 mango, finely diced
· ¼ tsp. of ground cinnamon
· 2 tsp. of olive oil
· ¼ cup chopped parsley and a few whole leaves for garnishing
· 5 springs of fresh mint leaves
· ¼ tsp. of red pepper flakes (crushed)
· 1 pound one inch thick of tuna steak
· 1 tbsp. of canola oil
· ¼ tsp. of ground black pepper
Bobby Flay Grilled Tuna Steak Preparation Steps
1. Preheat your grill to medium heat
2. Prepare your red onion by slicing it into quarter rings and put in a medium bowl
3. Mix in the red wine vinegar, ½ tsp. Kosher salt and sugar and set the mixture aside.
4. Set a small saucepan on heat, put olive oil in it, and allow it to heat. This should take 2-3 minutes. Add the ground cinnamon to the oil and stir to avoid burning.
5. Keep stirring the cinnamon and oil for a maximum of 5 minutes or until there is fragrance fills the air. Remove from heat, pour it over the onion mixture, and stir to mix.
6. Get back to the grill and set it to high heat
7. Chop the mango accordingly (diced into ½ inch pieces) and add it to the onion mixture.
8. Chop the mint leaves and add to the mango onion mixture along with the ¼ cup of chopped parsley
9. Add in the red pepper flakes to the mixture and combine the ingredients for a perfect mix.
10. Now move to the tuna, brush it on both sides with canola oil, and season with 1 tsp. Kosher salt and the other black pepper.
11. Grill the tuna until it’s cooked. This should take around 6 minutes or between two to three minutes per side. Once you notice the tuna come off the grill with ease, it signifies that it’s ready to be turned. Nevertheless, leave it to grill for a few more minutes if it still sticks to the grill
12. Once you finish grilling, remove the tuna from heat and allow it to rest for a maximum of 10 minutes and not less than 5 minutes.
13. To serve, slice the tuna thinly and top it off with the mango salsa you prepared.
Selecting the Best Tuna for Perfectly Grilled Steaks
· High-quality tuna may be available in different color ranges from pink to deep red. Go for thinly sliced steaks about an inch thick. Ensure the steaks are also moist and almost translucent.
· If the tuna is not fresh, it may have brown edges or will appear dry, flaky, and dull. In contrast, flesh tuna has a fresh sea-air smell with a little bit of moisture, but not overly wet.
· Tuna dries out very fast. To keep it fresh, be sure to store it in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
· Frozen tuna is relatively cheaper than raw tuna; weigh your options. More also, they are in season between May to September and have great taste during this season.
This Bobby Flay’s recipe is an exotic and unique dish among various tuna recipes. It’s easy to prepare with easy to get ingredients and provides great flavors in a simple way. With the simple and detailed instructions, you can now prepare and enjoy this attractive and delicious dish with your friends and family.
· Calories: 270 kcal
· Fat: 6.9 grams
· Saturated fat: 1 gram
· Trans fat: 0 gram
· Cholesterol: 55 grams
· Carbohydrates: 14.5 grams
· Fiber: 3 grams
· Sugars: 12.6 grams
· Sodium: 610 milligrams
· Proteins: 36 grams
Also Read: Seasoning for Potato Wedges.