A flat iron steak is a cut of beef that has been separated into individual thin strips. It is a popular steak recipe, which can be cooked on the grill. This recipe is suitable for any kind of food but is particularly good when grilled with the help of an iron flat plate. We will expound more on how to cook a flat iron steak and everything that you need to know.
It is cooked by applying lots of heat to the surface. It has a distinctive shape and it has three different surfaces – the outside, middle, and inside. The cook who tries to cook flat iron steak will need to apply heat all over the surface of the steak in order for it to get done properly.
The flat iron steak can also be prepared by burning the flesh underneath and cutting it with a sharp knife to produce an evenly cooked piece of meat. The method of cooking such a steak can be divided into two different ways:
How to Cook a Flat Iron Steak
This method uses chemicals that are heated to high temperatures and then used to burn the underside of the meat for preparing it. After this, the portion of meat which has been burned should be cut with a knife to prepare it as flat as possible and use it as you wish for your dinner table or any other party occasion.
This method uses steam which comes from boiling water or water placed in an open fire.
How to cook the steak?
There are many different ways in which you can cook a flat iron steak:
- Baking it: Place the steak on a baking pan and bake at 350 F for about 1 hour.
- Roasting the steak: Place the steaks on a baking sheet and roast at 375 F for about 1 hour.
- Braising it: Place the steak in a roasting pan and cover with water that has been brought to a boil. Put the lid on and let it simmer for 4 hours or until done as per your taste.
- Picking up the meat from the pan: Take out the steak from its roasting pan, peel off its skin and cut into pieces of desired size. Give them all an extra scrubbing if they need it (flatten them out first).
What ingredients are required?
Ingredients: Salt and Pepper; Oil; Your favorite brand of flat iron (Broiler or Gas) and 2-3 pounds of meat (chops or steaks). You can buy your flat iron online through Amazon or at your local appliance store.
Flat iron steak is not easy to prepare. With the right tools, it is easy to cook flat iron. There are lots of preparation steps, which include:
- Taking the steak out of the freezer.
- Removing bones and gristle.
- Soaking it in an acid bath for 10 minutes.
- Removing excess fat and water from the surface.
- Placing it on a hot plate and cooking it for 60-70 minutes on medium heat.
In this section, we will give you a step-by-step guide to cooking a flat iron steak.
Step 1: Buy a flat iron steak or remove it from your freezer.
Step 2: Season it with salt and pepper.
Step 3: Now, put it on the grill and let it cook for 20 minutes on high heat.
Step 4: You can either slice it into thin strips or just discard the 4 bones.
Step 5: Now, grill it for another 5 minutes on medium heat and serve immediately with your favorite sauce or even some sambal!
Most of the time we go to a restaurant and order something that we know will be delicious. Unfortunately, most of us do not spend enough time preparing our food from scratch.
While cooking always involves a lot of preparation, eating a piece of flat iron steak from scratch is definitely one step above. Therefore, you can use these tips to help you cook flat iron steak with ease.
Check also: Best Steak Cuts for Grilling.