You may not replicate this dish at home and still maintain its original taste. Hui Hui Chicken was founded by a Hawaii entrepreneur who originally made it for his mother. The mother liked it, and the son was compelled to make some for sale, and that is how this dish rose to fame.
This dish is sold in many restaurants globally. This means that you can buy it from a restaurant. However, it would be nice if you created yours at home with the help of this simple recipe.
Hui Hui Chicken Recipe
Hui Hui Chicken Recipe
- 3 lbs. of boneless skinless chicken.
- 1 tbsp of garlic.
- 6 tbsp of low sodium Soy sauce.
- 1/2 cups of brown sugar.
- 1 tbsp of ginger, fresh root.
- 3 tbsp of chicken broth.
- 6 tbsp of ketchup.
- apple cider vinegar.
- cooking oil.
- Take a relatively small bowl in which you will mix soy sauce, garlic, chicken broth, brown sugar, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, and ginger. Make sure they mix thoroughly.
- Take a cup and put some of this mixture (preferably ½ of it) for pasting during the grill.
- Place the boneless on a large shallow dish. Make sure you lay them on a single layer.
- Coat the chicken with the sauce mixture perfectly to marinate.
- Cover the large dish with a plastic wrap or a lid and put it in the refrigerator overnight or for about 8 hours.
- After the recommended 8 hours lapses, you can take it out of the refrigerator and keep it for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat your grill, and once the temperature reaches 170F, place the chicken on it—Fry for 12 to 16 minutes.
- During the grilling, you should turn the chicken several times.
- You can also marinate it with the reserved sauce when it is only 5 minutes to finish.
ServingYou can serve the Hui Hui chicken with a dish of your choice. For example, you can serve it with rice with some grilled or even fresh pineapples. The salty and sweet mix is what makes this dish delicious. You can also ask your family members what they would like to eat along with the Hui Hui chicken you have just cooked. Make sure you have the right amount of dish ingredients when you are making it for the whole family. But you can just use the quantities shared in this recipe if you are cooking it for yourself.
Hui Hui Chicken Tips
- You should refrigerate the chicken for 8 hours. However, it should be turned after 4 hours to make sure the sauce falls on all sides of the chicken pieces.
- You can always allocate more time for the meat to soak. You can still wait overnight for it to soak better.
- You can still use a stovetop for those who do not have a grill. However, you will need a cast-iron pan. Alternatively, you can still use an oven for baking it at 425F.
- Instead of boneless chicken, you can still use chicken breast.
- If you can get a pineapple, the dish tastes better.
- You should make sure all the ingredients are utilized to give it the taste it deserves.
- You can also add some sweet things such as honey because they will make it sweeter.
- You can always visit this page for more information. There is also the freedom of increasing the number of ingredients, especially when you are making the dish for several people.
- You can invite your kids, partner, or any other person to help you make it. They might still want to make this delicious food while you are away from home.
Carbs – 106g
Protein – 46g
Fiber – 5g
Sodium – 2183mg
Saturated fat – 7g
As you can see, this is a simple method that you can try at home. Buy all the required ingredients and make it for your family, and they will like it. Adhere to the cooking guidelines so that you can cook the best Hui Hui chicken breasts, boneless, or even thighs.
READ ALSO: Ruth’s Chris Stuffed Chicken Recipe.