Most people wonder if Krusteaz waffle mix is the same as pancake mix. The two are similar, but the difference lies in how they are made and their content. Pancakes are floppy and cake-like. The mix usually has less fat and sugar compared to the waffle mix. In contrast, a waffle is crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. The mix has more fat and sugars which assists in the caramelization that gives waffles the brown and crispy appearance on the outside.
Krusteaz Pancake Mix Waffle Recipe
A Krusteaz pancake mix has bleach flour which comprises: wheat flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Thiamin Mononitrate, Reduced Iron, Riboflavin, Folic acid; Sugar, Dextrose, Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Food Starch-modified, salt, Soybean Oil, Egg Whites, Buttermilk.
Preparing Waffles with Krusteaz Pancake mix
· Course: Breakfast
· Cuisine: American
· Prep time: 10 minutes
· Cook time: 15 minutes
· Wait time: 25 Minutes
· Yield: 15 pieces
· 2 cups Krusteaz pancake mix
· 1 ½ cups of cold water: Liquids are essential to give Krusteaz butter the required texture to cook correctly; however, you do not have to stick to water.
You may substitute water with whole milk for creamy and rich waffles.
· 1 egg: They are essential to bundle the butter and give your Krusteaz waffle a fluffy and airy interior. You may need a substitute for eggs because most people are allergic and dietary preferences. You may use aquafaba, Ground Flaxseed, water, Vinegar and baking Soda, Apple Sauce, Baking Soda, or banana puree.
· 2 Teaspoon Vegetable Oil; don’t use specialty oils such as olive or sunflower can ruin your taste because of their distinctive flavor.
1. Lightly spray oil and preheat the waffle iron.
2. Blend all ingredients. The batter will be slightly lumpy. Pour batter onto the prepared waffle iron.
3. Cook waffles until steaming stops or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite fruit and whipped cream, if needed.
Tips for Making Great Krusteaz Pancake Mix Waffle Recipe
ü Make hay while the sun shines; if your waffles come out somehow pale and soft, it might be because the waffle maker is not hot enough. It is crucial to preheat the waffle maker for at least 5-10 minutes. Remember to pause between batches to allow the iron to heat up again.
ü Use oil instead of butter; To get crispier waffles, use vegetable or coconut oil instead of melted butter.
ü Freeze your extra waffles; reheat, let them thaw, and pop them in the toaster oven or toaster. You won’t realize they were frozen.
Common Additions to Krusteaz Pancake Mix Waffle
1. Cocoa Powder
If you love chocolate, you will be delighted by adding a little bit of cocoa powder to Krusteaz butter. This results in delicious chocolate-flavored waffles that will feel more like a dessert than breakfast.
Ensure not to add too much cocoa powder, as this can cause the waffles to become bitter. Add enough to make the waffles attain a medium brown tone, usually not more than a tablespoon.
2. A pinch of salt
Salt is close to sweetness, which is true when preparing your Krusteaz pancake mix waffles. Though Krusteaz may already contain salt, try adding a teaspoon or two to coarse-ground sea.
Salt to give some extra saltiness to your waffles. It creates a fantastic taste combination when combined with syrup or fruit toppings.
3. A Bit of Vanilla
Adding a bit of Vanilla gives it a sweet taste and has a great effect on the waffle mix. Adding a cupful of Vanilla extracts to your waffle mix will give you incredible results.
4. Add some Lemon Zest
Lemon zest gives an incredible quality of slight tanginess and freshness. When cooking waffles, zest a tablespoon of lemon peel into the batter for a delicious taste.
- EXPERT TIP: You can change your breakfast waffles from good to an amazing by adding the following toppings:
· Dried or fresh fruit
· Chocolate chips
· Pure maple syrup
· Fruit syrups
· Serving size: 2
· Calories: 152.6kcal
· Carbohydrates: 26.3g
· Protein: 3.1g
· Fat: 4.2g
· Saturated Fat: 0.6g
· Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
· Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
· Trans fat:
· Cholesterol: 0.0mg
· Sodium: 246.4mg
· Potassium: 0.0mg
· Dietary Fiber: 3.7g
· Sugar: 4.9g
· Vitamin A: 0.0%
· Vitamin C: 0.0%
· Calcium: 21.5%
· Iron: 6.2%
With a few ingredients and substitutions, your Krusteaz pancake mix waffles will taste and feel like a Five-star restaurant. It may need some sampling to achieve the desired results, and when you do, your breakfast will be on a whole new level. Nevertheless, this recipe is tested for the yummiest waffles you deserve.