Are you wondering how best you can prepare a pre-made frozen member’s Mark chicken or thinking of preparing your own from scratch? Today’s recipe has got you covered.
Members Mark chicken sandwich is made with extra juicy chicken breast fillet, which is marinated in dill pickle brine and then breaded with dill seasoned Southern style batter. You can purchase a ready-to-eat chicken sandwich from member’s Mark or a frozen one to reheat and serve at home.
Member’s Mark Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- 1 boneless chicken breast (skinless)
- ¼ cup of pickle juice
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cold milk
- ½ cup sieved all-purpose flour
- 1 tbs. of powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1/2tsp. salt
- 1/4tsp. of black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. of celery salt
- ½ tsp. cayenne (optional if you want things spicy)
- Frying oil (about ½ a cup)
- Buttered and toasted buns and pickle slices for serving.
- Pound the chicken breast until about ½ inch thick. You can wrap them loosely in a plastic wrap and pound gently with the flat side of a meat tenderizer until you achieve the ideal thickness.
- Cut the meat evenly into two pieces.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in the pickle juice for about 30 minutes to one hour. You can add Tabasco sauce if you want the sandwich to be extra spicy.
- Put the milk in a mixing bowl, beat in the egg and whisk to mix.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and other spices in a bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the egg and milk mix each at a time, then coat with the flour mixture on all sides.
- Heat your frying oil in a skillet to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fry each piece on medium heat for 4-7 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked. The meat should achieve an internal temperature of 165 degrees to be ready.
- Remove from heat and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Assemble the sandwich. Serve the chicken on the buttered and toasted buns with pickle slices.
- You can serve it alongside some pre-bought or homemade waffle fries.
- For frying, you can substitute regular cooking oil with peanut oil, grape seed oil, and coconut oil. Only avoid peanut oil if you suffer from peanut allergy.
- If you prefer baking to frying, you can use bread crumbs instead of flour and coat them according to our instructions. Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken cooks through.
How to Prepare Frozen Member’s Mark Chicken Sandwich
Frozen member’s mark chicken sandwich tastes better when cooked in the air fryer. The sandwich comes cooked and only requires a few minutes of reheating and assembling to be ready.
- The preferred amount of member’s Mark frozen chicken sandwich
- Member’s Mark frozen waffle fries (optional)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Wait time: 25 minutes
- Set your air fryer ready and preheat to 360 °F.
- Put the chicken pieces on one hot mesh tray in the air fryer and put the waffle fries on the lower rack. Heat in batches if the air fryer is small.
- Close the air fryer and leave it to cook for 11 minutes.
- After this time, open the air fryer and add the buns in the middle rack. Remove the fries and cook for an extra 2 minutes.
- Check if the chicken is done and remove it from the air fryer.
- Serve the cooked Member’s Mark chicken sandwich along with the fries, and enjoy. You can have some juice as an accompaniment for more refreshment.
Important to Note
Spraying with a little oil while preheating assists in improving the crispiness of your food.
- Calories: 470 kcal
- Total fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 1, 230mg
- Total carbs: 55g
- Dietary fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 15g
- Protein: 24g
- Calcium: 50mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 360mg
Member’s Mark chicken sandwich is a favorite to many. It’s purchased by large numbers making the restaurant stock a frozen one that people can take home and reheat when ready to eat. Luckily, our copycat recipe comes to solve your craving when you want to eat it but don’t want to order. If you got the right ingredients, follow our recipe above for the tastiest chicken sandwich.