The Mexican Candy shot recipe is also referred to Lollipop shot. In El Paso, it is well known as the Paleta shot. It is a regional drink that the origin is not well known. The name is gotten from watermelon-flavored Mexican candy paletas. The candy is sometimes crushed and dusted with chili powder. Mostly on the rim of the shot glass.
A Mexican Candy Shot Recipe is a drink that has been gaining a lot of popularity in recent years. It’s a mixture of different liqueurs and is usually served with sugar or salt-rimmed glass. Candy shot recipes are perfect for parties, celebrations, and any other gatherings where you want to have some fun.
Mexican Candy Shot Recipe
Mexican Candy Shot Recipe
- 15 oz mix of strawberry, raspberry, and mango juice.
- 15 oz of watermelon juice (you can use any other alternative liquid that has a pink color)
- 8 oz tequila of your choice..
- 1/2 cups fresh juice of 4 limes.
- 4 spoons of simple syrup.
- 1 of fresh lemon juice to be used for rims.
- 7 dashes of tabasco sauce.
- Tajin seasoning for the rims.
- A small piece of ice.
- Few pieces of strawberry's, watermelon, and mango(to be used for garnishing).
- Rim the edge of the shot glass with the tajin seasoning and use the lime wedge to wet a shot glass. (You can also decide to use either salt or sugar. This will keep it accurate and spicier).
- Put some of the seasonings on a flat surface. Use a plate to press the shot glass, and it should not be too hard. The herb has salt already, but you can add more to fit your preference.
- Use a pulp filter for the liquid of fresh juice, especially if you use freshly blended juice.
- Do the same to the lime juice using the pulp filter to get the best liquid.
- Add watermelon juice, mango juice, tequila, simple syrup, tabasco sauce, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker. Make sure the liquids are well sifted out.
- Put a tiny sprinkle of the salt to the whole mixture.
- If it fits your preference, add sugar to make it sweeter.
- Put a piece of ice to the cocktail shaker.
- Cover the cocktail shaker well and ensure you hold the cocktail shaker well, shake vigorously to mix well. Shake well for up to ten minutes. This will make sure the ice can't be heard anymore.
- Strain the whole mixture in the chilled spot glasses prepared earlier for the 15 people.
- It's ready to serve.
- In the case of using store-bought juice, there is no need to strain.
Mexican Candy Shot Recipes that are Perfect for Any Occasion
Mexican Candy Shot Recipes are perfect for any occasion, whether it is a birthday party, Halloween, or New Year’s Eve.
It can be difficult to find tasty recipes for shots that are both delicious and creative. Luckily, there are many Mexican candy recipes that are creative and easy to prepare.
These recipes use ingredients that can be found in any store, making them the perfect choice for days when you don’t have time to go shopping or want to save money on expensive alcohol.
Mexican Candy Shot Recipe FAQs
What is Mexican candy?
It is an extraordinary type prepared with typical Mexican ingredients and creative recipes. One of the outstanding ingredients in Mexican candy is tamarind. This is a fruit delicacy that gives the candy both a sour and sweet taste. Tamarind originated from Asia.
A typical Mexican candy is made of moderate-infused spices and milk salt. Therefore, you can find hot, very hot, sweet, and even salty candies. This is an extension of traditional Mexican candy which was made of spices, corn, and honey that was used in place of sugar before the European invasion
Mexican candies come in the form of liquid, chewable, hard, powder, and others.
Mexican candies are among traditional Mexican foods. They represent rich adherence to culture.
What is a Mexican candy shot made of?
Mexican candy shot is made of tequila, hot sauce, lime, sugar, ice, and fruit juice. The combination brings about an exquisite and balanced refreshing fruit-based drink.
The recipe is easy to go about. Therefore, each time you need a Mexican candy shot, you can use different fruit juices (there are raspberry strawberry, lemonade, mango watermelon, and other fruit juices) and sauce for each recipe and choose the one that best serves your interest.
To achieve a well-balanced shot, the ratio of fruit juices to tequila amount should be proportional.
What are candy shots made of?
Candy shots are made of a combination of candy drinks which are often spicy; with alcoholic content mostly tequila or rum. The cocktail’s end outcome should be a flavorful and delicious content that has the original taste of the candy treat used in the recipe.
Thus, a candy shot should always have the taste of candy flavor used during the preparation. The recipe is simplified in such a manner that the flavors are not dissolved in the process.
A candy shot is fruit-based. The spicy and hot features should not be missed.
What’s the red stuff on Mexican candy?
The red stuff coated on a Mexican candy is a Tajin meant for garnishing your candy. The product is spicy. It is an original Mexican seasoning product. It is a combination of hot chili peppers, lime, and salt.
Tajin is sprinkled on your candies during the last stages and left to dry. The idea is to bring out the tasty, spicy nature of a typical Mexican candy.
There exists mildly hot and very hot tajin. Therefore, you get to choose the candy that you would want based on the amount of Tajin coated in it.
Some of the tajin available include Tajin Mild Hot Sauce, Tajin Fruity Chamoy Hot Sauce, Tajin clasico seasoning, and others.
There is no standard recipe for the candy shot. Some people tend to dispute alcohol-based ingredients. In order to keep it original, it is advised that we use tequila whenever we are making our version of the same.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Ingredients for Apple Martini.