A lot of people argue that cheese and lobster do not combine perfectly but that is not the case with Ruth Chris lobster mac and cheese recipe. Rather than flattening their tastes, the combination of lobster, pasta, and a cheesy topping creates a new perception of unique foods.
And because of its sweet and savory taste, this dish is one of the best-selling menu items at Ruth Chris restaurants indicating a desire for people to want to try the recipe.
So, it’s important to know the ingredients you need to prepare a perfect Ruth mac and cheese to comfortably enjoy it at home. It’s also important to note that the dish is categorized as a high-level recipe because of its complicated cooking steps and the scarcity of ingredients.
However, with this guide, you can go ahead and prepare this award-winning recipe yourself.
Ruth Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese Recipe
Ruth Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 4 tbsp. of melted unsalted butter.
- 2 cups of panko Japanese breadcrumbs.
- 8 oz. of dry small shaped pasta.
- 1/2 cups of of unsalted butter.
- 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- 4 cups of whole milk.
- 3/4 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- 1/2 tbsp. of of ground nutmeg.
- 2 tbsp. of kosher salt.
- 16 oz. ounces of cooked lobster meat.
- 1/2 cups of grated parmesan cheese.
- 1 cups of gruyere cheese.
- 2 cups of grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese.
- 1 tbsp. of mustard powder.
- Chopped parsley.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking dish and set it aside.
- Fill a large pot with water, add salt and bring it to boil over medium-high heat. Add your pasta to the boiling water and cook as you stir occasionally until slightly underdone, drain pasta, transfer into a bowl, and set aside
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-low heat, sprinkle flour over the melted butter as you do, whisk to blend into a roux (ensure it resembles a paste). Continue cooking the roux for 5 minutes with constant stirring so it gets nice and golden-brown. Slowly pour in the milk and cream while whisking continuously to prevent lumps from forming, stir the mixture until a smooth saucy consistency forms.
- Stir in the nutmeg, increase heat to medium-high, and bring the sauce to a full boil as you whisk constantly. Reduce heat to medium and continue to simmer the sauce until it covers the back of a spoon, about 5-6 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and mustard powder and keep stirring.
- Add the cheese, 1 cup at a time, continuing to whisk vigorously ensuring each cup melts completely before adding another one. Remove from heat, stir in the drained pasta and toss to coat with the sauce, and also fold in the lobster meat at this point.
- Pour the macaroni mixture into the greased baking dish, place it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil, to ensure an easy cleanup.
- Stir the panko bread crumbs with butter and sprinkle the toppings evenly over the pasta.
- Place the baking dish inside the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
What is best to Serve Along with Lobster Mac and Cheese?How best you can serve this dish may vary on whether you are serving it as a main course or a side dish. For instance, when serving the mac and cheese as a main course, it would be wise to serve it along with Bourbon roasted pear salad, garden salad, steamed veggies, cornbread stuffing, or any other favorite sides. When serving this dish as a side dish, you can pair it with many main courses like Filet mignon, chicken breast, Beef tenderloin roast, pork loin chop, salmon fish filet, etc.
Lobster Mac and Cheese Nutrition Facts
Calories: 846 kcal
Carbohydrates: 63 gram
Protein: 38 grams
Fat: 48 grams
Saturated fats: 28 grams
Cholesterol: 213 mg
Sodium: 1324 milligrams
Potassium: 506 milligrams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sugar: 9 grams
Vitamin A: 1550 IU
Vitamin C: 0.2 milligrams
Calcium: 687 milligrams
Iron: 2.2 milligrams
How Long Does Ruth Chris Lobster Macaroni and Cheese Last?
One outstanding thing about the Lobster Mac and cheese recipe is that you can prepare it in advance and store it until you’re ready to bake. To store, allow it to cool, wrap tightly with a plastic wrap, and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Alternatively, you can wrap it with plastic wrap, cover it with two layers of foil and freeze it for up to two months. To bake the frozen lobster mac and cheese, simply pop it in the oven and bake for one hour at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
What Cheese Goes Well with Ruth Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese?
The most classic pairing for lobster mac and cheese would be gruyere and white Cheddar cheese. However, if you want to experiment with other cheese types, you should definitely give them a shot.
Generally, gruyere and cheddar cheese are the best since their sharpness and melting rates are superior compared to others.
Which is the Substitute Cheese for Gruyere?
Gruyere cheese is a Swiss cheese that has a soft texture with a strong flavor. Other types of cheeses that could substitute for it include:
Jarlsberg – This cheese is milder than Gruyere but still has a distinct aroma. It’s a staple cheese in American cuisine.
Standard Swiss Cheese – A popular cheese with a mellow taste that blends very well with lobster.
Sage – This Italian cheese has a light flavor like that of sage leaves.
Lobster mac and cheese is sure to make you and your guests happy. This simple yet delicious food preparation can be prepared by anyone with little to no effort required.
The only downside of this recipe is the cost involved since lobster meat can be a bit pricey. However, preparing at home gives you the freedom to ration ingredients thus you can cut costs as desired.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Olive Garden Stuffed Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe.
2 thoughts on “Ruth Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese Recipe”
Comments are closed.