Air fryer Tyson popcorn chicken is a super crunchy snack that is easy and quick to prepare. It takes a minimum of 15 minutes and is perfect as an appetizer, a side dish, or a main course dish served with your favorite sauce or any other accompaniment of your choice.
With no complicated kitchen appliances, Tyson popcorn chicken air fryer turns out super crispy with perfect and even cooking. You no longer need to deep fry your Tyson popcorn chicken; all you need to do is to get them from the pack and into the air fryer and get to enjoy this crispiness in a few minutes
Tyson Popcorn Chicken Air Fryer
Tyson Popcorn Chicken Air Fryer Cooking Procedure
Popcorn chicken is a KFC invented the idea that comprises chicken chunks mixed with breadcrumbs, formed into meatball sizes, and then fried. To prepare them, you can use any mix of chicken, but preferably minced chicken rolled in homemade breadcrumbs.
And what more? You don’t even need to spray them with oil as they already contain some. So here is how you can prepare these fantastic appetizers.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Wait time: 20 minutes
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Tyson Popcorn Chicken
1. Always preheat the air fryer before adding the popcorn chicken from the pack. This ensures that the chicken browns and cooks evenly.
2. You can choose not to spray the chicken popcorn with oil since most brands are breaded with little oil that is enough for the right crispiness.
3. You can cook in batches or put a whole pack in the air fryer to cook. Only ensure to shake every few minutes to ensure even cooking. Smaller batches cook faster than an entire pack at a go.
4. Leave the Tyson popcorn chicken to cook for an extra few minutes for extra browning and crispiness.
5. Tyson popcorn chicken air fryers are best served hot. You can dip in ketchup or in your preferred sauce.
6. Ensure to keep the popcorn chicken frozen until you’re ready to put it in the air fryer.
7. For storage purposes, keep the Tyson chicken in glass containers to ensure they last longer without getting soggy.
8. Store the chicken popcorns after they cool to room temperature.
9. Ensure to cook the popcorn chicken first when used as an ingredient for other dishes like pasta.
What you need
A packet of Tyson popcorn chicken
Cooking spray oil
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400 °F.
2. Take out the popcorn chicken from the packaging and put them in a bowl.
3. Shake them lightly to remove any bits of loose batter.
4. Spray the chicken with little oil and line them in your air fryer’s basket. Ensure not to overcrowd the air fryer.
5. Cook for 15 minutes and remember to flip every 4 minutes.
Important to Note
For crispier popcorn chicken, cook for an extra three to five minutes. Spraying with oil also enhances the crispiness
Ensure not to skip step 3. Shaking of loose batter ensures you are not left with an overly dirty air fryer
It’s not necessary to defrost the popcorn chicken unless you prefer to thaw them first
Tyson Popcorn Chicken Air Fryer Storage Instructions:
Popcorn chicken is more delicious when hot. If you want to store leftovers, it’s not advisable to freeze them. However, you can store them in an airtight container and refrigerate them for not more than 3 days. And to reheat them, simply put them in the air fryer and heat for 3 minutes, and serve as desired.
How to serve Tyson Popcorn Chicken Air fryer
The easiest and most common way to serve Tyson popcorn is with a ducking sauce like ketchup, mayo, and chili sauce. However, you can also serve them as a side dish along with a salad, fried rice, or soup. And for more culinary creativity, you can also use popcorn chicken as an ingredient in preparing pasta.
Can I deep fry Tyson frozen popcorn chicken?
Yes, it’s okay to deep fry popcorn chicken in a typical saucepan. However, air frying is the most recommended method as it saves oil usage and gives you a healthier diet too.
Tyson Popcorn Chicken Nutritional Information
Fat Calories: 126 kcal
Total Calories: 260 kcal
Fat: 14 grams
Saturated Fat: 2.5 grams
Trans Fat: 0g grams
Polyunsaturated Fat: 8 grams
Monounsaturated Fat: 3.5 grams
Cholesterol: 20 milligrams
Sodium: 610 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
Dietary Fiber 2 grams
Protein 12 grams
To sum it all up, you can prepare delicious Tyson popcorn chicken at home every day without spending an entire fortune. For best results, ensure to preheat your air fryer and flip the popcorn chicken as you cook.
So, while eating out is tempting, don’t forget that homemade Tyson popcorn chicken air fryer saves your oil and health too.
CHECK ALSO: Brenda Gantt Biscuit Recipe.