Fry seasoning is a do-it-yourself spice mix that is perfect for homemade fries. This seasoning does not only taste good on homemade or frozen fries, but it is great on roasted potatoes as well. Nevertheless, knowing what is fry seasoning can guide you to prepare this insanely delicious seasoning at home.
Fry seasoning is basically seasoned salt. With salt as the primary ingredient, you can quickly and easily prepare fry seasoning and adjust ingredients to meet your taste. And since salt is necessary for every dish, you can use fry seasoning as an alternative to seasoned salt on various foods.
With our guide, you no longer need a store visit to get fry seasoning when you can blend the mix in 10 minutes. Simply grab your salt, garlic, onion, paprika, chili, and any other favorite spice, and get ready to make your own homemade fry seasoning.
How to Make Fry Seasoning
How to Make Fry Seasoning
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Chilli powder
- Put all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir until they are well mixed.
- Store the seasoning in a spice jar or an air-tight container and store it at room temperature.
Tips and Tricks for a perfect fry Seasoning Blend
- Avoid using fresh herbs and spices; it is recommended to use dry ones since they bring out a richer flavor.
- Because there are distinct varieties of paprika, you should choose the one you like.
- You can use a spice grinder to mix everything for a finer ground spice
- Store the mix in a closed container in a dark place at room temperature. Ensure to keep it away from light and heat.
Calories: 14 kcal
Saturated fat: 1g
Sodium: 195 mg
Potassium: 17 mg
Vitamin A: 182IU
Vitamin C: 1mg
What’s the purpose of fry seasoning?
- It is tossed with chopped potatoes or vegetables and olive oil before roasting.
- It’s great for seasoning homemade fries.
- You can sprinkle a little on homemade burgers.
- Sprinkle some to various pieces of cut meat for marinating
How to Store fry seasoning
- Place the ingredients in an air-tight jar for at least 6 months. Though they can last for up to two years, the spices best hold their flavors for six months.
- Keep the jar away from direct sunlight, and keep it in a dark and dry place. When exposed to water, they will hold together hence tricky for use.
- Ensure to label your jar and include expiry dates so you may know when to use it. Expiry dates should be determined by the oldest ingredient you add to the blend.
Are seasoned fries healthy?
Seasoned fries are more safe and healthy when you prepare everything yourself. This is important since you’ll know what is in fry seasoning; thus, you’ll add the perfect ingredients for healthy results.
To ensure the health of the seasoned fries, you can choose to add herbs such as rosemary or simply reduce the salt levels in your seasoning and serving process. To ensure you consume healthy fries, a general rule of thumb is to incorporate more nutrients and less saturated fats.
Is there Substitution for Fry Seasoning?
- You can get an alternative for any ingredient in the recipe with your favorite spices. For instance, instead of dried paprika, you can prefer to use smoked one, or you can also add some sugar to the mix if you would like.
- Take note that all spices should be dry and not fresh. If you want to achieve a more refined texture, you can put them in the spice grinder several times. You can also remove salt for a salt-free version.
To sum it up, fry seasoning is necessary to make your homemade fries delicious. And since you now understand what is in fry seasoning, preparing it is easy, and you get the advantage of adding other ingredients of your choice.
You can toss your fries in a bowl with the seasoning together or season the fries immediately after taking them off from oil to ensure they absorb enough flavor.