Brenda Gantt Biscuit recipe is a soft, fluffy, and sweet biscuit. The main ingredients are butter and sugar. If you haven’t tried this before, then you can use this recipe to help you make delicious biscuits. Here am going to teach you how to bake Brenda Gantt biscuits step by step.
Brenda Gantt biscuits are great for people who want a quick meal on the go. They can be eaten as breakfast or dessert and they can also be used as a filling for tarts or other desserts.
Brenda Gantt Biscuit Recipe
Brenda Gantt Biscuit Recipe
- Wooden bowl.
- Cast iron skillet.
- Medium bowl.
- 2 white Lilly self-rising flour in a wooden bowl.
- 3/4 cups of buttermilk.
- 1/4 cups of hard crisco shortening.
- 1/4 tbsp of salt.
- 1 tbsp of salted butter.
- Preheat the oven to 525 degrees F. with a rack in at the center.
- Spread some Crisco shortening on a 9-10 cast iron skillet bottom.
- Put the self-rising flour in a medium bowl, add some salt, then make a well in the middle.
- Pour the buttermilk in the well, then add the Crisco shortening.
- Squeeze Crisco and buttermilk together using one hand. Get rid of all the lumps of Crisco by gradually bringing more flour into the mixture until all the flour is merged.
- Clean and dry your hands.
- Sprinkle a little flour on your work surface, and rub some on your hands too.
- Remove the dough out of the bowl and knead it gently while adding a tiny amount of flour if it's still very sticky.
- Pat gently about one inch thick and cut out with a biscuit cutter. Flour the cutter after every cut and rub stuck dough.
- Place each piece of dough in the prepared cast iron skillet starting from the outer edge to the middle, place the biscuits so that they’re touching.
- After cutting all you can from the dough, gently knead what is left a few more times. Pat it out and cut the rest. Do not repeat this process more than twice.
- If you have some dough leftover, save it for something else, or bake one big biscuit on a separate pan.
- Place the pan on the middle rack and reduce the heat immediately to 500 degrees F.
- Bake your biscuits for about 12 minutes or until the tops turn golden and the sides look dry.
- Use melted butter to brush the tops and serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What temperature does Brenda Gantt cook her biscuits on?
The legendary biscuit cook Brenda Gantt bakes her biscuits at 500 degrees. The oven is preheated first. Her recipe instruction is to cook the biscuit to the point they turn brown.
Before turning on the heat in the oven, there is a need to grease the pan first. The idea is to bring out the moist feel in the biscuit and have the outer layer crunchy.
Does Brenda Gantt have a cookbook?
Brenda Gannt in her prowess in working around various dishes in her kitchen does have a cookbook. As exciting as her cooking skills are, the cookbook goes by the name It’s Gonna Be Good Y’all.
The cookbook contains over 100 family recipes that Brenda has to offer to her viewers. The cookbook is even better with step-by-step guides on the preparation of each dish. It’s far more entertaining because you get to enjoy personalized life stories bringing more life to the recipes.
The exquisite cookbook inspires your imagination each time you grab a page. This is because of well laid pictorial representation that aids each recipe you might want to try.
The level of interaction with the audience that Brenda’s cookbook has is enough to make all the recipes explicable.
The good news is that the cookbook is available in print. The price is 34.95 US dollars. With the collection of over 100 dishes to try, the cookbook is worth every dime spent. Just place the orders and they will be made available.
Amongst the over 100 recipes in Brenda’s kitchen recipe cookbook are,
- Big mama macaroni and Cheese
- Orange slice cake
- Squash Alabama and others.
How long to cook Brenda Gantt biscuits?
The length of time to have the biscuits ready is at least eight minutes. That’s considerably not a very long time. Therefore, you can decide to bake the biscuits for the family to be served at breakfast. It’s also possible to have it as a dessert anytime you feel like it.
The trick is to have your oven switched to the right amount of heat. Furthermore, there is a need to ensure that the right quantity of ingredients is used.
Even though the fun part of the favorite grandma from Alabama is just using instincts to measure, you can hack the process by trying the recipe over and over and each time taking note of the quantity size of ingredients used in each step.
Brenda Gantt biscuits are old-fashioned southern buttermilk biscuits. They require few ingredients that anyone can access and are easy to make. These steps will guide you to bake your biscuits just like Brenda Gantt.
CHECK ALSO: Funnel Cake Made With Pancake Mix.