Brenda Gantt Biscuit recipe makes a soft, fluffy, and sweet biscuit. The main ingredients are butter and sugar. If you haven’t tried this before, then you can use this recipe to help you make delicious biscuits. Here am going to teach you how to bake Brenda Gantt biscuits step by step.
Brenda Gantt’s biscuits are a convenient and tasty option for those looking for a quick meal or snack on the go. While Brenda herself can mix up the dough in just 5 minutes, it may take a little longer for first-time bakers. These biscuits can be enjoyed as a breakfast or dessert option, or even used as a filling for tarts and other sweet treats. Give them a try and see for yourself why they’re such a hit!
Brenda Gantt Biscuit Recipe
Brenda Gantt Biscuit Recipe
- Wooden bowl.
- Cast iron skillet.
- Medium bowl.
- Biscuit cutter
- 2 white Lilly self-rising flour in a wooden bowl.
- 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- 1/4 cup of crisco shortening (Butter, Lard, margerine, vegitable oil can act as replacements)
- 1/4 tbsp of salt.
- 1 tbsp of salted butter.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. with a rack in at the center.
- Spread some Crisco shortening on a 9-10 cast iron skillet bottom.
- Put the self-rising flour in a medium bowl, add some salt, then make a well in the middle.
- Pour the buttermilk in the well, then add the Crisco shortening.
- Squeeze Crisco and buttermilk together using one hand. Get rid of all the lumps of Crisco by gradually bringing more flour into the mixture until all the flour is merged.
- Clean and dry your hands.
- Sprinkle a little flour on your work surface, and rub some on your hands too.
- Remove the dough out of the bowl and knead it gently while adding a tiny amount of flour if it's still very sticky.
- Pat gently about one inch thick and cut out with a biscuit cutter. Flour the cutter after every cut and rub stuck dough.
- Place each piece of dough in the prepared cast iron skillet starting from the outer edge to the middle, place the biscuits so that they’re touching.
- After cutting all you can from the dough, gently knead what is left a few more times. Pat it out and cut the rest. Do not repeat this process more than twice.
- If you have some dough leftover, save it for something else, or bake one big biscuit on a separate pan.
- Place the pan on the middle rack and reduce the heat immediately to 500 degrees F.
- Bake your biscuits for about 12 minutes or until the tops turn golden and the sides look dry.
- Use melted butter to brush the tops and serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What temperature does Brenda Gantt cook her biscuits on?
The legendary biscuit cook Brenda Gantt bakes her biscuits at 500 degrees. The oven is preheated first. Her recipe instruction is to cook the biscuit to the point they turn brown.
Does Brenda Gantt have a cookbook?
Brenda Gantt, known for her impressive culinary skills, has published a cookbook titled “It’s Gonna Be Good Y’all,” showcasing her diverse range of dishes. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a novice in the kitchen, this cookbook is sure to inspire and delight with its mouthwatering recipes and expert guidance.
The cookbook contains over 100 family recipes that Brenda has to offer to her viewers. The cookbook is even better with step-by-step guides on the preparation of each dish. It’s far more entertaining because you get to enjoy personalized life stories bringing more life to the recipes.
The exquisite cookbook inspires your imagination each time you grab a page. This is because of well laid pictorial representation that aids each recipe you might want to try.
The level of interaction with the audience that Brenda’s cookbook has is enough to make all the recipes explicable.
Amongst the over 100 recipes in Brenda’s kitchen recipe cookbook are,
How long to cook Brenda Gantt biscuits?
The length of time to have the biscuits ready is at least eight minutes. They are super quick to bake. Therefore, you can decide to bake the biscuits for the family to be served at breakfast. It’s also possible to have it as a dessert anytime you feel like it.
The trick is to have your oven switched to the right amount of heat. Furthermore, there is a need to ensure that the right quantity of ingredients is used.
Even though the fun part of the favorite grandma from Alabama is just using instincts to measure, you can hack the process by trying the recipe over and over and each time taking note of the quantity and size of ingredients used in each step.
Brenda Gantt biscuits are old-fashioned southern buttermilk biscuits. They require few ingredients that anyone can access and are easy to make. These steps will guide you to bake your biscuits just like Brenda Gantt.
CHECK ALSO: Brenda Gantt Tomato Pie
2 thoughts on “Brenda Gantt Biscuit Recipe”
Comments are closed.