Get ready to impress your family and friends with this delicious and hearty Brenda Gantt cabbage casserole recipe, inspired by the beloved chef Brenda Gantt. With over two million followers on Facebook, it’s no surprise that Brenda has become a household name for her mouthwatering recipes that bring people together.
At the age of 75, Brenda continues to share her passion for cooking and the importance of food in creating strong family bonds. This copycat recipe for her famous cabbage casserole is a southern favorite that is sure to become a staple in your kitchen. Follow along and discover how to recreate this tasty dish at home.
Brenda Gantt Cabbage Casserole Recipe
What is a cabbage casserole?
Cabbage casserole is a hearty and flavorful dish that combines cooked cabbage or sauerkraut with a variety of seasonings and toppings. It is a popular choice in the southern United States and Canada. Cabbage casserole can be served as a side dish or on its own. Perhaps surprisingly, it also makes a great comfort food.
To make cabbage casserole, you will need shredded cabbage, onions, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, and salt. These ingredients are combined in a baking dish and topped with crushed potato chips or cornflakes for added crunch. This dish is easy to prepare and makes a tasty and satisfying meal that will undoubtedly become a family favorite.
Nutritional Benefits of Brenda Gantt Cabbage Casserole
Cabbage and cabbage dishes like casseroles are renowned for their numerous nutritional benefits. With its low calorie and fat content, cabbage is a great choice for those looking to maintain a healthy weight. It is also rich in antioxidants and vitamins, making it an excellent choice for boosting overall health.
One of the key benefits of cabbage is its high fiber content. This helps to support healthy digestion and can also help to lower cholesterol levels. In addition, cabbage is a good source of antioxidants. They can help to protect cells from oxidative damage and neutralize harmful free radicals in the body.
Another benefit of cabbage is its high levels of vitamins. Chiefly vitamin C and vitamin K, which can help the body absorb calcium more efficiently. This can aid in muscle development and support healthy bones. Incorporating cabbage casseroles into your diet is an easy and delicious way to take advantage of these many nutritional benefits.
Copycat Brenda Gantt Cabbage Casserole Recipe
- 1 small cabbage ( chopped).
- Cream from chicken soup.
- 1 sweet onion.
- 1/2 stick melted butter.
- 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- Some pepper and salt to taste.
- 1 stick of melted butter.
- 1 stalk of ritz crackers.
- Start the cooking process by preheating the oven up to 350 degrees.
- Put the chopped cabbage in your casserole dish. You do not need to grease the pan before.
- Place the coarsely chopped sweet onion on top of the cabbage. Put some pepper and salt on the cabbage and onions.
- Mix the chicken soup, butter, mayonnaise together then place it on top of the cabbage and onions. Just spread the mixture lightly without mixing it.
- In a separate bowl, mix all of the topping ingredients then sprinkle them on top of the casserole dish.
- Cook this meal for around 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Do not remove from the oven until the top looks golden. The casserole should be bubbly too. Ensure you keep an eye on the oven so that you do not overcook the food.
In conclusion, the Brenda Gantt Cabbage Casserole recipe is a tasty and flavorful dish that is sure to become a regular in your kitchen. It’s tasty, satisfying, and nutritious.
So if you’re looking for a new and interesting way to enjoy cabbage, give the Brenda Gantt Cabbage Casserole recipe a try. With its simple ingredients and easy preparation, it’s a perfect choice for any home cook.
Image Credits: It is A Southern Thing.
You may also like: Brenda Gantt Dumpling Recipe