Have you watched Brenda Gantt cooking meatloaf and admired her results? Maybe you have even tried to follow her cooking and failed several times. Worry no more, I got you sorted. Today, I will make Brenda Gantt meatloaf cooking easy by providing you with the copycat recipe. The ingredients are available at any store, and the steps are simple to follow.
Brenda Gantt Meatloaf Recipe
- Medium bowl.
- 3 pounds of hamburger meat.
- Big onion.
- Tomato sauce.
- 1 tbsp of salt.
- 2 eggs.
- Regular crackers.
- 1 Bell pepper.
- Cooking oil.
- Place the meat in a medium bowl.
- Chop your onions and bell pepper into tiny pieces( if you don't like bell pepper, you can use sweet banana pepper. It also works wonder).
- Add the onions and bell pepper into the bowl with meat.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Add some powdered pepper.
- Add 15 ounce can of salted tomato sauce.
- Beat up your eggs in a separate bowl and stir them well.
- Add the stirred eggs. The egg will help to hold the mixture together.
- Crunch your crackers and add them to the bowl.
- Knead the mixture using your hands until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Wash and dry your hands.
- You’re going to use a broiler pan. Pour some water into it. It will help the meat not stick at the bottom.
- Use some oil to Grease the top of your pan. It will help meat not to stick and make it easier for washing.
- Grasp some mixture according to the size of loaf you want to have and put it on the pan.
- Use your hands to square the meat to get a loaf shape.
- Repeat this until all the mixture is done.
- Using your finger, create a valley at the centre of each loaf.
- Pour some tomato sauce into those valleys.
- Put the pan into the oven and cook at 400 degrees for about40- 45 minutes.
- Remove your meatloaves from the oven. They are ready, and you can serve your family.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I keep my meatloaf from falling apart?
Brenda Gannt Meatloaf is yet another one of the tasteful dishes you can find in Brenda’s cookbook. The ingredients necessary for the recipe are ground and minced beef, breadcrumbs, onions, eggs, and peas.
They are all mixed up in a categorical method. Do you wonder how the mixtures stick together? Well, that is exactly why the eggs are present. The number of eggs added depends on the quantity of the other ingredients used. So to find the best possible intact meatloaf, watch the number of eggs you add to the ingredients.
Should I put an egg in my meatloaf?
The answer is yes. Eggs in meatloaf are inevitable. A perfect meatloaf needs eggs to make the outcome moist. Furthermore, eggs hold the mixtures together.
When making meatloaf with no access to eggs, you will have to go for products like ground flaxseed meal and mayonnaise to create the effect of egg in the mixture.
What happens if you put too many bread crumbs in meatloaf?
Brenda Gannt Meatloaf recipe outlines the amount you require to make just a perfect meatloaf. If by accident you add too many breadcrumbs to the meatloaf mixture you risk the outcome crumbling apart.
Too many breadcrumbs mean the eggs available in the mixture are exhausted hence not playing the sticking together function effectively.
Do you put oatmeal in meatloaf?
Yes. You can put oatmeal in a meatloaf. You use oatmeal in the process when you don’t have breadcrumbs or crackers. The outcome is equally delicious.
Be sure not to overuse your oatmeal in the process. Too much oatmeal may lead to meatloaf getting dry.
Do you bake meatloaf covered or uncovered?
Meatloaf is baked uncovered. The process takes around one hour for the best results. Brenda’s meatloaf recipe prescribes baking without cover to achieve the golden exterior of the meatloaf.
The process takes a relatively longer time than the other recipes whereby the baking is done while the mixture is covered. But, the recipe is just a creation, there is the freedom to work out a procedure that fits your preference.
The grandma from Alabama is just there to give ideas on how you can bake, leaving the practice to you. Therefore, it is upon an individual to explore the possibilities of doing a perfect meatloaf that serves your interest best.
Why is my meatloaf so mushy?
Whether you use breadcrumbs, crackers, or oatmeal, the end result is the same. But the question of quantities you use in the mixture brings out the mushy or not mushy result.
Your meatloaf may be mushy for the following reasons;
- Too many crackers in the mixture
- Too much use of liquids like milk, cheese, or water
- Under baking
- Baking pans that have no ability to drain excess liquids
- fewer eggs in the mixture
Cooking Brenda Gantt meatloaf should no longer stress you up. Look at the Brenda Gantt meatloaf recipe and learn step by step. The steps are easy, even for the first-timer.
CHECK ALSO: Brenda Gantt Biscuit Recipe.