The Krusteaz Pancake Mix Waffle recipe is a simple and delicious way to enjoy waffles for breakfast. It’s easy to whip up the batter and cook the waffles in just 15 minutes. This mix is perfect for those who enjoy doughy waffles, and it’s a great option for impressing friends and family at a brunch. The batter has a combination of crunch and softness, making it perfect to serve with fruit, whipped cream, spread, or syrup.
Krusteaz Pancake Mix Waffle Recipe
This mixture is perfect for catering for a larger group as it’s so easy to make and other than the Krusteaz pancake mix, the recipe only requires basic ingredients you are likely to always find in your kitchen. Eggs, water and oil. If you are cooking for a lot of hungry people simply double or triple the recipe to make sure there are enough delicious waffles for everyone.
Preparing Waffles with Krusteaz Pancake mix
· Course: Breakfast (Or desert)
· Cuisine: American
· Prep time: 10 minutes
· Cook time: 15 minutes
· Wait time: 25 Minutes
· Yield: 15 pieces
· 2 cups Krusteaz pancake mix
· 1 ½ cups of cold water: Liquids are essential to give Krusteaz batter the required texture to cook correctly; however, you do not have to stick to water.
You may substitute water with whole milk for creamy and rich waffles.
· 1 egg: They are essential to bundle the batter and give your Krusteaz waffle a fluffy and airy interior.
· 2 Teaspoon Vegetable Oil; don’t use specialty oils such as olive or sunflower can ruin your taste because of their distinctive flavor.
1. Lightly spray oil and preheat the waffle iron.
2. Blend all ingredients. The batter might be slightly lumpy, no need to worry. Pour batter onto the prepared waffle iron.
3. Cook waffles until steaming stops or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite fruit and whipped cream, if needed.
Tips for Making Great Krusteaz Pancake Mix Waffle Recipe
if your waffles come out somehow pale and soft, it might be because the waffle maker is not hot enough. It is crucial to preheat the waffle maker for at least 5-10 minutes. Remember to pause between batches to allow the iron to heat up again.
Use oil instead of butter; To get crispier waffles, use vegetable or coconut oil instead of melted butter.
Freeze your extra waffles; reheat, let them thaw, and pop them in the toaster oven or toaster. You won’t realize they were frozen.
Common Additions to Krusteaz Pancake Mix Waffle
1. Cocoa Powder
If you love chocolate, you will be delighted by adding a little bit of cocoa powder to the Krusteaz batter. This results in delicious chocolate-flavored waffles that will feel more like a dessert than breakfast.
Ensure not to add too much cocoa powder, as this can cause the waffles to become bitter. Add enough to make the waffles attain a medium brown tone, usually not more than a tablespoon.
2. A pinch of salt
Salt is close to sweetness, which is true when preparing your Krusteaz pancake mix waffles. Though Krusteaz may already contain salt, try adding a teaspoon or two to coarse-ground sea.
Salt to give some extra saltiness to your waffles. It creates a fantastic taste combination when combined with syrup or fruit toppings.
3. A Bit of Vanilla
Adding a bit of Vanilla gives it a sweet taste and has a great effect on the waffle mix. Adding a capful of Vanilla extract to your waffle mix will give you incredible results.
4. Add some Lemon Zest
Incorporating lemon zest into your waffle batter can add a delightful tanginess and freshness to the finished product. Simply zest a tablespoon of lemon peel into the batter before cooking to enjoy the delicious taste.
- EXPERT TIP: You can change your breakfast waffles from good to amazing by adding the following toppings:
· Dried or fresh fruit
· Chocolate chips
· Pure maple syrup
· Fruit syrups
· Serving size: 2
· Calories: 152.6kcal
· Carbohydrates: 26.3g
· Protein: 3.1g
· Fat: 4.2g
· Saturated Fat: 0.6g
· Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
· Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
· Trans fat:
· Cholesterol: 0.0mg
· Sodium: 246.4mg
· Potassium: 0.0mg
· Dietary Fiber: 3.7g
· Sugar: 4.9g
· Vitamin A: 0.0%
· Vitamin C: 0.0%
· Calcium: 21.5%
· Iron: 6.2%
With a few ingredients and substitutions, your Krusteaz pancake mix waffles will taste and feel like a five-star restaurant. It may need some sampling to find the perfect toppings for you and your family, when you do, your breakfast will be on a whole new level. Nevertheless, this recipe is tried and tested for the yummiest waffles that you deserve.