If you’re looking for the longhorn Brussels sprouts recipe, then you’re at the right place. Here are the three longhorns brussels sprouts recipes (brussels sprouts gratin recipe, roasted brussels sprouts with a warm honey glaze, and roasted brussels sprouts with balsamic and honey) that you will enjoy a lot.
After reading these recipes, you will learn how to make longhorn brussels sprouts rich in taste and flavor. You will know all the tips to make them look very simple.
Brussel sprouts Gratin Recipe
- Two tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- One pound Brussels sprouts- dead leaves and stems removed
- One Red pepper- flakes
- Freshly grounded pepper
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- ½ cup grated white cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs
Steps and instructions
1. Put the oven on heat at 400 degrees and butter a 2- quart baking dish. Boil salted water in a large pot. Add the Brussel sprout and cook for about 8-10 minutes.
2. Drain the Brussels sprouts and coarsely mince. Transfer them to the prepared baking dish, toss red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste, then spread out steadily.
3. Spout the cream on top, sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs, and dot with the butter pieces.
4. Bake the gratin for about 15 minutes or until foamy and golden brown.
5. Your Brussel sprouts gratin is ready to serve and enjoy.
Roasted Brussel sprouts with warm honey Glaze
Roasted Brussel sprouts get a fair amount of spice from the crushed red pepper flakes, reducing the glaze’s acidity and sweetness. But if you are spice-averse, you can omit them.
- One and a half brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved
- ¼ cup of olive oil ( extra)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more
- Grounded black pepper (fresh)
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of sherry vinegar or red wine
- ¾ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- Three tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Three scallions, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- One teaspoon of finely grated lemon zest
Steps and instructions
1. Place a rack on the bottom third of the oven, set a rimmed baking sheet, and heat the oven to 450 F degrees.
2. Toss Brussels sprouts and oil in a large bowl and season with salt and black pepper
3. Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Using tongs, arrange Brussels sprouts and cut side down on a baking sheet. Cook on bottom rack until tender and deeply browned 20-25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, bring honey to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir often, reducing heat to medium-low heat, and cook the honey until its amber color but not burnt, 3 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, add vinegar (if using) and whisk until sauce is smooth.
6. Place saucepan over medium heat, add butter and remaining ½ tsp: salt, and cook. Whisk until glaze is glossy, bubbling, and slightly thickened for about 4 minutes.
7. Transfer brussels sprouts to a bigger bowl, add glaze and toss to coat. Transfer to a salver and top with scallions and lemon zest.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Balsamic and Honey
Easy Oven-roasted brussels sprouts are tasty, and they have a pleasing sweet and savory flavor.
- 1 pound of trimmed brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp extra–virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp of a high quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey, or to taste
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, or to taste
1. put the oven on heat at 220 degrees C. Contour a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix brussels sprout, pepper, olive oil, and salt in a large bowl and toss and coat. Spread out steadily on the prepared baking sheet.
3. Cook in the heated oven for 15 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and honey, mixing to coat evenly.
It’s elementary to cook brussels sprouts at your home with the help of a longhorn brussels sprouts recipe. The recipe gives you various ways of cooking brussels sprouts.
Try out this recipe, and you will be surprised to see how easy it is to make brussels sprouts as tasty as a longhorn, and you will never turn your nose up to brussels sprouts again.
READ ALSO: King Arthur Pancake Recipe.