If you want a more healthy way to prepare tater tots that really taste deep-fried, then the air fryer method is perfect for you. Ore Ida tater tots air fryer recipe gives your tater tots a perfectly crisp and crunchy exterior while still having a soft and fluffy interior. And what’s more? You get this delicious snack without all those extra calories within 15 minutes
How to Cook Ore Ida Tater Tots in Air Fryer
Ole Ida tater tots are easy to cook in an air fryer. All you need to do is to get a pack of these tots and pop it into an air fryer. Just leave them in there until golden brown and crispy. To understand more, follow our guide for how to prepare ore Ida tater tots in an air fryer below;
Ore Ida Tater Tots in Air Fryer cooking steps
You are missing a lot if you have not tried an Ida tater tots air fryer yet. These versatile snacks can be cooked in different ways, but the best result is when you use the air fryer to achieve just the right crispy texture and flavor. Here is how to cook ore Ida tater tots in the air fryer:
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Wait time: 25 minutes
What you need
- Air-fryer-safe oil spray.
- 2 Cups of frozen tater tots.
1. Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF. Spray the tater tots with a bit of cooking oil, sprinkle with salt, and toss to coat.
2. Prepare the air fryer basket and add the tots in it and into the air fryer. Ensure to line them in a single layer for even cooking.
3. Cook for 15 minutes at 400ºF and ensure to flip them every 5 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Add an extra 3 minutes for more crispiness.
Ore Ida tater tot Air Fryer Tips
- Always ensure to Preheat your air fryer for the crispiest tater tots.
- The salt and cooking spray promotes the crispiness and browning of the tater tots, so don’t skip these ingredients.
- Remember to flip the tots in the basket as they cook for them to cook evenly.
- You can use organic tater tots as they are more healthy.
- Ore Ida tater tots are best served hot.
- Regarding storage of the tots, put them in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. It’s not advisable to put them in a bag as they may become soggier.
- To reheat the stored tots, simply toss them in the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-3 minutes and serve as desired.
- For seasoning of tater tots, you can add different spices and seasonings to give them different flavors. For instance, you can use garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, or cajun spice. You can also toss the tots in ranch dressing mix for a bit of a tang. Or you can toss in taco seasoning for a bit of spice.
How best to Serve Ore Ida Tater Tots
Ole Ida tater tots air fryer is a classic side dish or party food. You can serve the tots with meat as the main course, or serve as a party appetizer along with a sauce.
You can also consider adding toppings such as cheese, salsa, sriracha, and guacamole to your cooked tots.
Best Sauces for Ore Ida Tater Tots
Air Fryer tater tots are so delicious that you can just pop them in your mouth as fast as you cook them. However, if you prefer to dunk them, try these sauces for a nice kick.
This amazing sauce was primarily invented for French fries. It’s a grown-up version of ketchup that has increasingly taken the place of ketchup and mayo in most culinary arts
Yum Yum Sauce
This is a well-known sauce that is mostly loved for its light, sweet and tangy qualities
This sauce gives your tots a thick cheesy coating for a taste that is going to excite your taste buds
Make your Own Sauce: Mix your preferred spices with a bit of mayo and ketchup to create an exceptional sauce of your own. For instance, you can add chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder with mayo and ketchup to get a spicy western sauce that’s amazing.
Ore Ida tater tots air fryer Nutrition Information
Serving: 1 serving
- Calories: 206 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 29 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fat: 10 grams
- Saturated Fat: 2 grams
- Sodium: 602 milligrams
- Potassium: 301 milligrams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Sugar: 1 gram
- Vitamin C: 9 milligrams
- Calcium: 15 mg, milligrams
- Iron: 1 milligram
- Net Carbs: 27 grams
Ore Ida tater tots air fryer is one of the most versatile dishes for small families and large gatherings. Advantageously, there are lots of possibilities which you can serve it along with plus there is no tight clean up needed.
So, if you need to fix a quick appetizer or a side dish to dunk in your favorite sauce, then just toss some Ore Ida tater tots in your air fryer and serve within 15 minutes.
CHECK ALSO: How to Cook Crispy Pata in Air Fryer.