If you are craving a delicious and juicy Philly Cheesesteak sandwich, then you probably must be wondering how you can prepare it at home. This famous sandwich consists of cheese, beefsteak tomato sauce, onions, peppers, and other ingredients. It is one of those sandwiches you can really build up a craving for, and you can enjoy it as an appetizer or a meal. For desired results, you must get the best seasoning for Philly Cheesesteak.
It’s important that you use high-quality meats and give them a good rub with the proper seasonings to make sure that you have an amazing sandwich.
If you want to have a taste of the authentic Philly cheesesteak, then we recommend that you try our recipe in this piece;
Seasoning for Philly Cheesesteak:
Philly Cheesesteak Seasoning Ingredients
Generally, the most basic Philly Cheesesteak ingredients are beefsteak tomato, onion, pepper, and cheese. However, this sandwich has many variations; thus, you need to know what kind of meat and toppings you need on your sandwich.
To create the perfect Philly Cheesesteak, you must start by getting the right ingredients. Here are some of the ingredients that you use when making your own Philly Cheesesteak:
1. Beefsteak Tomato – A beefsteak tomato is used in the Philly Cheesesteak because it contains many flavors. You can find it in the produce section of grocery stores.
2. Salt – Salt is added to the sandwich so that it has an excellent taste
3. Vinegar – Vinegar is added to the sandwich to help cut down on the fat you consume.
4. Oil – Oil is added to the sandwich because it helps keep the bread from drying out.
5. Bread – The purpose of bread is to hold all of the ingredients together.
6. Seasoning – Seasonings are added to the sandwich before cooking and are best for seasoning the meat to give it a flavorful taste.
Best seasoning for Philly Cheesesteak
1. Garlic: Garlic is an ingredient that goes well with sandwiches. It gives them a great flavor and makes them more enjoyable.
2. Green Onions: These green onions are used in the Philly Cheesesteak because they have a lot of flavors. They are also very easy to find at any grocery store.
3. Basil: Basil is another ingredient ideal for sandwiches since it adds a beautiful flavor and aroma.
4. Red Wine Vinegar: Red wine vinegar is added to the sandwich to add taste and help cut down on the calories you consume.
5. Mustard: Mustard is ideal for the sandwich’s flavor and color.
6. Lemon Juice: Lemon juice is great for a sandwich. It adds a fresh flavor and keeps the sandwich moist.
Other optional seasonings include; Cilantro, Parsley, Oregano, Thyme, Rosemary, Chili Powder, Dried Onion, Paprika, Ground Cayenne Pepper, Hot Sauce
How to Season a Philly Cheesesteak;
· 1/2 pound beefsteak
· Tomatoes, green onions, salt, Vinegar
· Cheese, Mayonnaise
· You can add any other seasoning of your choice
First, you will need to prepare your ingredients. Get the following items: beefsteak tomatoes, Vinegar, salt, oil, bread, cheese, minced garlic, fresh basil leaves, black pepper, red wine vinegar, mustard, and lemon juice.
You can also add cilantro, oregano, thyme, rosemary, chili powder, paprika, ground cayenne pepper, dried onion, hot sauce, and a bit of butter according to your preference.
Next, you will need to season the meat. This means adding the correct amount of each spice. You should season the meat with garlic, basil, and a pinch of salt.
After seasoning the meat, you will need to slice it up. Make sure you cut it thin enough to cook quickly and evenly. Toss it on a pan and cook it with little oil and thinly sliced onions.
Finally, sprinkle some cheese on top of the tomato slices.
Now, you are ready to assemble the sandwich. Start by placing some lettuce on top of the bread. Then, place the sliced steak on top of the lettuce.
To finish the sandwich, spread mayonnaise on both sides of the bread, place it on the cheese, and then place the sandwich back together.
Next, heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add a small amount of olive oil and let it heat until it starts to smoke.
Place the sandwich in the pan and cook it for about two minutes per side. Remove the sandwich from the pan and serve as you desire.
Due to its delicious and mouthwatering flavors, Philly Cheesesteak may seem like something you need to go to a restaurant for.
However, with the best seasoning for Philly Cheesesteak, you can enjoy this tantalizing sandwich in the comfort of your home and it will taste just as good as if you went out and paid $25 for it.
Also read: Olive Garden Chicken Pasta.