Have you ever thought of making the most of those fresh tomatoes with a savory southern old-fashioned tomato pie? And what is holding you from giving it a trial? It might be because you have no idea where to begin and the ingredients to use. If that’s the case, Brenda you need to try Gantt tomato pie recipe.
Brenda Gantt Tomato Pie Recipe
What is a Tomato Pie?
A tomato pie is a dish made of tomatoes, herbs, and cheese. The best part about this dish is that you don’t need to use an oven or stove to cook it. That makes it easy to make.
Summer is one of the best times to enjoy a delicious tomato pie. This classic American dish has been around for decades and has a lot of fans.
The term “tomato pie” can refer to different types of dishes. It can be made with ricotta cheese or mozzarella cheese, and it can be served as an appetizer or as a main course. It can also be stuffed into phyllo dough, dumplings, or ravioli shells.
The recipe provides precise steps and instructions on cooking tomato pie from scratch.
Four fresh tomatoes.
Pie crust: Bake the pie shell for at least 15 minutes until lightly brown.
1 ½ cup of mayonnaise: use good quality ones like Hellmann’s or Duke.
Half cup Sour cream.
One packet of Sharp cheddar.
One packet Mozzarella.
One Shredded parmesan.
Steps and Instruction
- Slice up the tomatoes into circular shapes.
- Put them in a colander and sprinkle some salt. Makes sure you drain the tomatoes well to prevent crust pie from getting soggy. You can even use paper towels to press down the tomatoes to drain even more.
- Put the mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Add sour cream.
- Add chopped onions.
- Add sharp cheddar and mozzarella.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Add some salt and pepper.
- Continue mixing the ingredients until they are well incorporated.
- Place about four slices of tomatoes on the baked crust.
- Scope some mixture using a spoon and spread it on the tomatoes layer.
- Sprinkle some basils.
- Make a second layer of tomatoes.
- Scope some mixture and spread it on this second layer of tomatoes.
- Sprinkle it with some basils and shredded parmesan.
- Put it in an oven and cook at 350 degrees.
- Bake until the pie is golden brown and bubbly. It will take 40-45 minutes.
- Remove the pie and let it cool at least for 15 minutes. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
This classic tomato pie is one of Brenda Gantt’s most requested recipes, as it has a simple ingredients list and is easy to prepare.
She prefers using canned tomatoes and biscuits in order to save time, but if you’re looking for more of a savory dish then you could use fresh tomatoes and make your own biscuits.
With this recipe, you can make the most of these fresh tomatoes with savory southern old-fashioned tomato pie. If you have no idea how to cook it, go through the Brenda Gantt tomato pie recipe.
The recipe provides all requirements and steps. the instructions are Straightforward for everyone willing to take an action
It’s upon you now to wake up and make this perfect summer comfort food for you and your family.
CHECK ALSO: Best Seasoning for Chicken Tacos.