Texas Roadhouse Mac and Cheese is a favorite for many, and most would love to learn how to prepare it at home—cooking it is simple and fast. With the right ingredients, you can prepare this yummy Macaroni and Cheese very fast and have it on its own, with your Ribeye or Sirloin steak, or any other way you prefer.
Generally, Texas Roadhouse Mac and Cheese can cost about $40-50 to prepare, especially if you go for those expensive cheeses. To make it healthier, you can substitute ghee for butter or reduce whipping cream and replace the amount with milk. Similarly, you can opt to use low-fat cheese. The recipe is one of the simplest and very delicious.
Texas Roadhouse Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 8 ounces of Macaroni Noodles of your choice
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp. of Butter
- 1/4 tbsp. of Onion Powder
- 1/8 tbsp. of Garlic Powder
- 6 drops of Liquid Smoke Flavor
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard to taste
- 1/4 tbsp. Salt or to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 large Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup of Evaporated Milk
- 4 ounces grated Cheddar Cheese
- 3 ounces grated Monterey Jack Cheese
- Freshly cracked Black or Cayenne Pepper for garnish
- Prepare the pasta as instructed on the box. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized heavy saucepan and combine it with milk, onion, garlic powder, and salt. Add in one bay leaf, Dijon mustard, and liquid smoke. Mix well, cook for about 5 minutes and remove the bay leaf.
- Continue cooking while stirring over medium-high heat and scald. Remove the saucepan from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ½ cup evaporated milk and the egg yolks. Whisk well to mix.
- Add ¼ cup of the hot and scalded milk mixture to the egg yolks and whisk to mix. Pour into a saucepan.
- Put the mixture back to cook over medium-low heat. Stir regularly and keep cooking until the mixture coats the back of your wooden cooking spoon, usually for about 3 minutes.
- Add your cheese and the drained pasta to the sauce mixture and continue cooking on low heat. Mix gently with a rubber spatula until the cheese melts.
- Remove from heat and serve hot as desired. You can sprinkle it with black pepper or cayenne pepper to garnish.
- Go for the best quality ingredients as they yield the best results.
- Note that this is not a low-fat recipe so use real butter, heavy cream, and whole milk.
- Use a heavy and large skillet to avoid burning while still having a large hot surface for mixing the ingredients.
- Ensure the oil and pan are hot before adding the macaroni and cheese. This helps avoid burning and sticking.
- Stir regularly as you stop every few seconds to give the dish time to blown. Be keen not to burn when browning.
- For a delicious taste, cook until about 15-20% of the dish browns.
FAQs about Texas Roadhouse Mac and Cheese
- What macaroni and cheese does Texas Roadhouse use?
Texas Roadhouse uses KRAFT macaroni and cheese in all their restaurants. However, if you prepare at home, you can use any brand of your choice.
- How many calories are there in the kid’s Texas Roadhouse Mac and Cheese?
There are 300 calories in a kid’s Kraft Mac and Cheese at Texas Roadhouse. Carbohydrates form most of the calories.
- Which are the most popular dishes at Texas Roadhouse?
Texas Roadhouse is known for its delicious recipes. Some of the most popular ones include sirloin steak, New York Strip Streak, Dallas Fillet, Green Beans, Grilled BBQ Chicken, Herb Crusted Chicken, Fresh Baked Bread, and House Side Salad.
- Calories: 728 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 64 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Fat: 38 g
- Saturated Fat: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 109 mg
- Sodium: 935 mg
- Potassium: 357 mg
- Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 6 g
- Vitamin A: 1119 IU
- Vitamin C: 1 mg
- Calcium: 641 mg
- Iron: 2 mg
Texas Roadhouse Mac and Cheese is a delicious dish that will leave you craving for more. The best thing about it is that it takes a short time to prepare, and one can have it as a side dish or a main dish. If you have the right ingredients, follow our recipe to prepare this irresistible dish. We assure you perfect result.